Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who in Brooklyn does the best custom kitchen, up to $20,000?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 6:09 am
BUMP

Any other Wood Cabinet people, not mentioned here, who are experienced and do top quality wood cabinets, at good prices?

Theres always someone new who worked with the best Cabinet people, who goes out on their own, and offers lower prices.

Are there any non Jewish Kitchen Cabinet people who may want to please their customers to get a reputation, to attract the frum clientele, and are better priced at wood kitchens than the frum Kitchen cabinet people?

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
BUMP

Any other Wood Cabinet people (I definitely want wood cabinets), not mentioned here, who are experienced and do top quality wood cabinets, at good prices?

Theres always someone new who worked with the best Cabinet people, who goes out on their own, and offers lower prices.

Are there any non Jewish Kitchen Cabinet people who may want to please their customers to get a reputation, to attract the frum clientele, and are better priced at wood kitchens than the frum Kitchen cabinet people?

BUMP

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 7:14 pm
Still deciding 4 years later?

hannabanana

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
I used Kitchen Expo in Wlliamsburg and was very happy. As a previous poster said, working with a decorator/designer is very crucial to use your space best possible. They know how to plan the kitchen according to your needs. The designer knows measurements, appliances and cabinet/counters very well. It is worth every penny to avoid later heartaches. The kitchen person talks to them professionally. Hatzlucha Raba

Which designer did you use?
I’m using kitchen expo now and I’m a bit confused. Need some kitchen help...

Rappel

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:57 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Does it have to be this much? Could one scrub, paint, vinyl floor the room, then install needed appliances including sink(s) and lighting. Then we are on to storage. That could be metal cabinets from Staples, painted nicely to match the walls. I would have a plumber come look at it, and I would have an electrician come look at it. Then I would take careful measurements. I would then have them recommend machines that would fit, I would approve them, and have them install. The lighting would go up first. Then I would finish off with additional battery powered LED lights all over, wherever there were shadows. For work surface, an island on wheels, perhaps.

I don't think all that would be 20K.

I am not sure there is a need for built-in custom cabinetry for storage. It might be an idea to put casters, little wheels, on the bottoms of storage units before filling them. Metal is great but if wood has more charm, Martha Stewart has a lot.

One would measure a lot, and be sure to keep traffic lanes open going through the room. And shim, where something might fall over onto you.

A lighted ceiling fan is useful. The electrician installs it.

I like how you think!

Do you live in Israel?

Rappel

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:58 pm
Whoops, didn't see that this was bumped.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:54 am
Years later, those who were deciding about kitchens, what did you decide, and are you happy with your kitchen?

(Yes I take years to decide but I think Im ready now).

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:51 am
I ended up doing formica through Salko kitchens from Monroe. He has a rep taking care of the brooklyn kitchens. Love love my kitchen.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:34 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I ended up doing formica through Salko kitchens from Monroe. He has a rep taking care of the brooklyn kitchens. Love love my kitchen.

Thanks so much.

Btw, is this a laminate over wood that he does?

Years ago Id have never considered formica, but modern is so "in", I am now considering formica.

Any advice on decisions that youre happy about, would be appreciated.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Thanks so much.

Btw, is this a laminate over wood that he does?

Years ago Id have never considered formica, but modern is so "in", I am now considering formica.

Any advice on decisions that youre happy about, would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what it is. I dunno what advice on decisions you're looking for. Ask me and I'll answer.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:20 am
hello3 wrote:
I just did my kitchen by Krausz kitchens and I'm extremely happy so far. Just for the recorded they are in business for the past 28 years and I have a few family members who used them. Very reasonably priced. Located at 60th st. Bp. Their number is 9176825617

Which company kitchen did you get?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:44 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
Which company kitchen did you get?

Are they called creative woodworks?
As a side note, if you read this thread, you'll notice I don't mention Salko at all. My decision to go with them was based on 2 factors #1 they're in business for 40+ yrs and somebody very experienced with a great track record was very important to me. #2 I went to a ton of places for layouts and they gave me the best one. It's a phenomenal layout that no other place gave me. I had a bonus that I gave them my dimensions and they were able to do with whatever they wanted. They put in 3 big windows for me.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 1:36 pm
I did my kitchen 30 years ago at Enterprise and its still brand new looking

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I did my kitchen 30 years ago at Enterprise and its still brand new looking

Its hard to understand how Enterprise did most of the Solomon type houses' "builder" kitchens in Brooklyn and beyond, and yet, 20-30-40 years later when I ask who did a kitchen with Enterprise

L A T E L Y ,

9 out of 10 people say "Who?" at the mention of Enterprise kitchens.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:22 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Are they called creative woodworks?
As a side note, if you read this thread, you'll notice I don't mention Salko at all. My decision to go with them was based on 2 factors #1 they're in business for 40+ yrs and somebody very experienced with a great track record was very important to me. #2 I went to a ton of places for layouts and they gave me the best one. It's a phenomenal layout that no other place gave me. I had a bonus that I gave them my dimensions and they were able to do with whatever they wanted. They put in 3 big windows for me.

You did use Salko or you didn't?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
You did use Salko or you didn't?

I did. When I first posted my first answer I didn't even consider them yet. He came into the picture alot later.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 6:49 am
Got it, thanks.

Anyone use Enterprise in the last couple years that was happy?

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 8:11 pm
Looking to do a nice white wood kitchen. I’m not sure if I’m looking for custom or semi custom as I don’t know what anything costs. I’m located in Brooklyn. There are so many kitchen places don’t even know where to begin.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 8:23 pm
What about A Best Kitchen Cabinets?
Also is there a kitchen designer /decorator you recommend ?

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 11:48 pm
I also want to do a new kitchen and looking for recommendations
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics