Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dealing with anger

proudmom

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 2:34 pm
I found an artical I thought it was quite interesting

The Problem is in you.

Recognize the seriousness of Anger --- every time a person allows anger in himself, the person exchanges his soul (his life energy) for bad and destructive energy. Which become difficult to uproot and causes damage in the process.

Recognize anger brings nothing positive. Decide in advance, not to ever respond with anger.

Anger is a test (a negative force) one must control and push off,
At a higher level one must channel the energy for positive things.

Wait a few moments, don't respond immediately and the anger will evaporate.

The more one expresses anger the worse it gets. Never allow self-righteous anger. Anger is in the blood and makes it boil and raises the blood pressure.

Discuss the problem when cooled down and find ways to avoid the problem to begin with.

Root out arrogance and the need for self-control; meditate on the Divine providence of every detail in the world. And acceptance of G-ds' plan, which is usually smarter than what you are ready to believe at the moment.

Find a trick to help with self-restraint. I.e. you will have to ask a sincere full forgiveness, which is always uncomfortable. You will have to give a certain amount to Charity each time.

Work on anger step by step slowly.

Must be done with an attitude of joy and happiness.

Go to the opposite extreme of no anger and being kind and compassionate to the other, bringing out their best.

Anger needs a special merit for one to overcome this challenge. . Tefillin (phylacteries men put on every morning) saying of Tehilim (psalms) are angels that help us & protect us from this enemy.

Aish

Post Sat, Apr 02 2005, 9:13 pm
deleted

Last edited by Aish on Sun, May 28 2006, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

girlzmom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 5:25 pm
I had to learn the hard way! I let anger take over me too much and before I knew it my oldest daughter was showing the same anger. I feel like I am starting all over again...we have to be so careful how we react to our kids...they will surely do the same!

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 5:40 pm
Quote:
anger just feeds on itself

Aish very very true!!!
and
Quote:
we have to be so careful how we react to our kids...they will surely do the same!

Girlzmom oh yes I see it now w/h my kids,! Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics