Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for an old-age home in New York

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 9:27 am
Does anybody have a relative in a completely kosher old age home facility in New york? I'm looking for recommendations. Sad

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 10:21 am
do they have one in seagate ... I thought I saw something there recently ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 11:01 am
I think my boss runs something in Riverdale Hebrew Home for the Aged. check the jewish press or google it. But I have no personal experience with it.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 11:15 am
Aishel Avraham in Williamsburg is my recommendation. there are a lot of community volunteers and it's a very hemishe place. how is the health of the person you have in mind?

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 6:02 pm
Haym Solomon on Cropsey Avvve

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:28 am
Riverdale hebrew home for the aged is supposed to be very good.

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 11:38 am
Sonniboni wrote:
Riverdale hebrew home for the aged is supposed to be very good.

Yes, my grandmother was there for quite a few years, and I never heard anything negative. The facilities are "gorgeous" - well for an old-age home. And the staff is very friendly.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:55 pm
OP here. I need a place where an elderly man will have a social life, others just like him, a place with a shul, nice Yomim Tovim, seforim, glatt kosher. Aishel Avraham sounds like that from what I hear, are the other ones like that too? Does anyone have person experience with a close relative there that they can tell me about first-hand? TY.

CAYA

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:08 pm
my cousin is in ashel avraham and she's very happy there!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. I need a place where an elderly man will have a social life, others just like him, a place with a shul, nice Yomim Tovim, seforim, glatt kosher. Aishel Avraham sounds like that from what I hear, are the other ones like that too? Does anyone have person experience with a close relative there that they can tell me about first-hand? TY.
that'd be perfect. the fifth floor is for men only. They have a sunday music program with local chasidishe musicians. shabbos and yomtov there is like being in a chasidishe shteeble. Purim, Pesach, Sukkos, Simchos torah etc are beautiful. The Vienner Rebbe comes to visit sometimes.... You can go there and have a tour. Call Mrs Schwartz in admitting, 718 858 6200, you can ask her anything.

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:08 am
amother wrote:

I don't think Riverdale fits that description so much. I could be wrong- my grandmother wasn't much of a socialite Sad .

Yudit

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 7:30 pm
the regency on 19th avenue and 51st street.I dont know there phone number of hand.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 8:02 pm
if youre looking fo ra asisstaed livig facility rather than a nursing home, the regency is a better idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries