Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job searching months in advance?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 6:58 am
How do you search for a job several months in advance? I know I will need a new job, but can't actually start till after Pesach. On the one hand, knowing now that I will need it then, it makes sense to start looking now. But I don't think most places are actually looking that far ahead. When does it make sense to start looking?

Maryann

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:07 am
Yes u are answering ur own question! I don't think it makes sense to look for a job now for after pesach... In my experience once u get a job they want u to start straight away
Good luck xox

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 8:58 am
The answer to your question would greatly depend on what types of jobs you're looking for. If it is general office admin position, I tend to agree most offices tend to fill vacancies as needed, unless you're looking for a start-up business with a plan to open in several months time. If it's teaching, I presume most staffing/hiring decision would be more aligned to academic year starting in Sept. Though if you're thinking of starting as a maternity cover, businesses would have a better sense for maternity cover needs maybe 3-4 months in advance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics