Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
French macarons

sushi galore

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:17 am
I'm looking for a true, tried and tested great French Macaron recipe. If you have one you don't mind sharing it will be appreciated.

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 12:17 pm
The recipe is not what is going to make them come out right it's in the technique. Here is how I do it.
3/4 C ground almond
1 C confectioners sugar
In the food processor with the S blade 30 seconds.
Sifted through a fine sifter.
Seperate 2 eggs cover the bowl with a paper towel and let it reach room temperature.
Beat the egg whites on medium with a pinch of salt or cream of tartar.
Once the eggs are foamy very slowly (1 tablespoon at a time) add in 1/4 cup of sugar. Beat till it's very stiff leaving it on medium the whole time.
Once the egg whites r done transfer them in to a large bowl. Slowly fold the nut mixture in to the whites. In 3 sections. Keep folding till it's a ribbon like consistency. With a round tip on a pastry bag for pipe circles. Then holding onto the paper bang the cookie sheet to remove air bubbles. Preheat your oven to 325. Let the cookies sit at room temperature for 30 min. Bake them for 10-15 min depending on ur oven. When u take them out slide them off the cookie sheet wait 5-7 min then take them off the paper.
I hope I got it all let me know if you have any questions. I do these all the time.

Last edited by Debbig on Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 12:22 pm
I forgot the flavor part. For chocolate 2 tablespoons coca in the nut mixture. For coffee 1 teaspoon instant coffee in the nut mixture. For vanilla 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in the eggs mixture or 1/2 tablespoon vanilla sugar with the rest of the sugar. I find liquid flavoring changes the consistency of the cookie I prefer dry flavoring.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 12:42 pm
The macaroon recipe in Susie Fishbein's Pesach cookbook is excellent.

sushi galore

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 1:05 pm
Thanx Debbig for your recipe. I'm going to try it. Just wondering if batter should be meringue style or more runny?

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 1:08 pm
sushi galore wrote:
Thanx Debbig for your recipe. I'm going to try it. Just wondering if batter should be meringue style or more runny?

A drop more runny. Good luck!

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 3:39 pm
Is there a trick to both getting the same amount in each squeeze from the piping bag as well as getting them to come out round? I've tried macarons and wind up with no cookie the same size as another.

When I make meringues that don't need to be made into sandwiches they don't need to be the same size (or even just have one other meringue the same size)

Debbig

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 3:54 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Is there a trick to both getting the same amount in each squeeze from the piping bag as well as getting them to come out round? I've tried macarons and wind up with no cookie the same size as another.

When I make meringues that don't need to be made into sandwiches they don't need to be the same size (or even just have one other meringue the same size)

I use a stainless steel cookie sheet and make circles with a permanent marker then put the paper over it so I have a guide to help me make the cookies uniform.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics