Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Best place to buy a tallit for chatan? (Online)

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 9:24 am
Hi--I'm not in NY or Israel and need to find a tallit for my daughter to give her chatan. She's not sure what she wants-- just "really amazing." Suggestions please?!

SoCalMother

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 12:54 pm
Eichler's in NY or 613 in Los Angeles are very nice folks who will be very helpful and won't give you attitude, but they probably only sell the "traditional" off-white with black stripes tallitot.

On the other side, I know a store in Tzfat that sells VERY expensive ($800-1000) but breathtakingly beautiful hand woven tallitot in all sorts of beautiful designs and colors.

Ask her also if she wants to get him a silver atara.

Better find out from your daughter what she means by "amazing."

PS One important thing you need to find out is the chatan's height. Tallitot come in sizes. Who knew?

gittelchana

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
Hi--I'm not in NY or Israel and need to find a tallit for my daughter to give her chatan. She's not sure what she wants-- just "really amazing." Suggestions please?!

Have the Chattan choose his own Tallit. He's the one who will be wearing it. He needs to like it Wink

2cents

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:37 pm
Try keter.org they make beautiful ones, both ashkenazic and sepahrdic. Your daughter should confirm with him if he wants white stripes or black. (Technically, sephardic are to have white stripes, but many choose black for different reasons).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics