Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
P3 billing question

precious

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 4:51 pm
Hi, I have a couple of questions. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

First of all, I've been billing on the vendor portal. Is there anywhere else that I am supposed to be recording my billing? Anything I should be printing and getting signed by the parents?

Second of all, how do most P3's treat no shows/ last minute cancellations? I think in schools most people bill regularly, and many private tutors will charge for same day cancellations. What if you are doing P3 in your house and the child doesn't show up or cancels at the starting time?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 8:30 pm
Go to google. Type in "nyc setss invoice". Click on (xls) setss template. And there it is.

How do you get your info onto the invoice? Go to the vendor portal and click on reports. You can export your report onto excel. I cut and paste because I don't know how to do it faster. Once I have all of my info down, I have it signed by my principal. This is a very important piece of paper. It's your proof of service. You are supposed to keep it for seven (was it six) years.

I was told this year that you are supposed to put attendance into SESIS, but if you do SETSS from your house or in a private school, it doesn't follow the SESIS public school calendar. So I gave up on that, because they block off days I can bill for, and I don't want discrepancies between vendor portal and sesis.

I work in a school. I don't bill if I don't see a child. I don't know what the protocol is for working at home.

precious

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:11 pm
thanks, but I'm still confused. I found the SETSS invoice, but do I need to fill it out by hand or there is a way to fill it out from the vendor portal? I tried generating a report and saving it as excel and exporting it but the resulting list made no sense. all the times said 0,etc. And I can never access the vendor portal at night, only during the day?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:21 pm
precious wrote:
thanks, but I'm still confused. I found the SETSS invoice, but do I need to fill it out by hand or there is a way to fill it out from the vendor portal? I tried generating a report and saving it as excel and exporting it but the resulting list made no sense. all the times said 0,etc. And I can never access the vendor portal at night, only during the day?

This is hard to explain via computer, so I will do best I can. Generate the report, export to excel document. Once it is on excel, then you can copy and paste each column onto the setss invoice. You can't do the whole thing at once.You have to do it in pieces. Yes, it is time consuming. You can just write it in if you want to, if it's easier. I have found that the column asking how many students you serviced during a particular session does not cut and paste well. you have to actually type it in. The vendor portal closes at 8pm. It opens at 6 am. Even though that is for actually billing, I have found that many times it just doesn't work during those times.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 12:00 am
SO annoying to me that it closes at 8 PM. I mean doesn't everyone work during the day and do their billing at night? It used to let you create the invoice and night and just hit submit during the day but lately I have had no luck with that.

Thanks for the tips about using the excel export. I am going to try that and see if it saves any time. It is SO stupid that they don't have a way to just print your invoice straight from the vendor portal to have it signed. They switched everything to computer system and then insist that you use the old form for the paper copy. What the...grrr.

You are not allowed to bill if the child is not there. It's obnoxious and would not be acceptable in other professional practices but welcome to the DOE. They don't pay that great in the first place that you can afford to just not get paid if the kid wakes up sick one day. However if the child is there and you are not able to work with him for whatever reason (class is having a party that he can't miss, refusal to cooperate, etc) as long as there is a body in the room and I showed up as planned, I bill that as a session. I don't provide home services but in that case I would call/text mom to confirm earlier in the day. I wonder if you are allowed to make a policy that if the parent cancels without x hours notice then they are responsible to pay for the session out of pocket unless it was an emergency (meaning child started vomiting minutes before the session, or someone in the family was just carted away by hatzolah). Technically you aren't allowed to take any money from P4 parents but I wonder if such a policy would be acceptable.

precious

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 10:52 am
Thanks. I'm referring to when the parent brought the kids and they refused to get out of the car, or I would be waiting and they don't show up.
As far as billing, I just went back in to try again and now they aren't even letting me see the details of the invoice I filled out last night. And I did not press submit.

precious

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 11:15 am
Ok I was able to get back into my invoices, I'm not sure how. When I press report on the home page and then generate an invoice in excel format, why are all the times coming up as 0:00? None of my information is in the excel report??

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 3:21 pm
If the parent brought the kid and they refused to participate, I say you have the child's body and did your best to make a session - you charge. But if that happens more than a couple of times and none of your motivational strategies are working, you give up the job and move on.

precious

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 3:34 pm
Thanks, yeah I know when it will be time to call it quits:) we've had some good sessions they're just tired after school I think and want to go home. They want me to come to their house...

precious

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 4:41 pm
ok, thanks for all your help so far. I have another question:)

I printed out my excel generated report (yay!!) and will copy it onto my invoice by hand because my computer is not letting me paste into the SETTSS form without a password(??). now, I billed for a few children on one invoice. on paper, I assume each child needs their own invoice. so what do I put for invoice number? the real invoice number on a few students' invoices or make up different invoice numbers like I used to do before the vendor portal, numbered after the child's initials?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 4:52 pm
no. each invoice # should match the invoice on the vendor portal. If you billed all of your kids on the same calendar thingamajig, then they all have the same invoice #.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 13 2016, 7:54 pm
I usually do the same invoice number but add each student's initials to make it easier to keep track of in case there's ever any issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics