Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gourmet Glatt Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:09 pm
sourstix wrote:
yes I have gone but I dont want to go to different places for diff things. I know I am in the car already but I am exhausted by the time I am done shoping for food. epstein is expensive for me. and for that matter the prices here in lakewood are a lot for me.

Wow..I find that hard to believe. I was always lead to believe that Lakewood with all its flaws has or had Sad , an infrastructure for the poor collel family.
Whereas , BP is the heimishe equivalent of lifestyles of the rich and famous

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:14 pm
[quote="naturalmom5"]Wow..I find that hard to believe. I was always lead to believe that Lakewood with all its flaws has or had :( , an infrastructure for the poor collel family.
Whereas , BP is the heimishe equivalent of lifestyles of the rich and famous[/quote]

well you can go to watsonsale.com and check out krm. you will be amazed!!. I routinely spend more money here in lakewood then in brooklyn. oh only krm is cheap anywhere is else isnt cheap. the rest of brooklyn isnt cheap.

all I was saying is that krm is cheap. and thats where I used to shop. I love love loved it. the service was great it is clean, what else can I say. I know a while back they tried opening a store here and the stores here (iwont mention who) brought them to din torah saying they will take everyone down. and so they just drew back. not even wanting to go to din torah

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:17 pm
owner of krm is a tzadik. everyone knows him he lives in flatbush. he uses some of the money to support a kollel. it was originally opened for kollel people. I remember it . I was a young kid.

whatever. its not something I can control anyway. I just mentioned it bec npgs is cheaper then anyone in lakewood but not as cheap or as good as krm. and the service is not something I enjoy but have no choice and deal with it.

gam zu letova. everything hashem does is for the good. I certaainly dont not have gratitiude for npgs for trying to keep the prices down. I do. bh for that.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 8:38 pm
Thanks for that link SS. I even found sales in Breadberry.
Not that I'm ever in Brooklyn anymore, but you never know.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 10:25 am
So far they are only open till 11 on Thurs night
We'll see if that changes

sky

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 1:24 pm
sourstix wrote:
but if I am doing a delivery they probably wont give me a good price like they do in brooklyn. I do know of a few places but they are expensive for that I can buy local.

Farm fresh doesn't normally have sales on ground meat. But 5 lb packages of chicken cutlets are almost always under $4. And cleaned chicken cutlets\fingers\nuggets are often on sale for under $5\lb. (Non-sale isn't cheap) They will deliver with $50 order, $10 non-sale. It is Kiryas Yoel Chicken repackaged under KCL. I haven't found cheaper in town yet. And the cleaned chicken is really nice.

(I promise I don't work for Farm fresh, just love the sales).

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:00 am
Were you in Gourmet Glatt last night? My husband went and he said it was packed, sounds like it was worse than Motzei Pesach. He walked around a bit to see what it was all about, he said there were some good sales (and he would know Wink), but a lot of it was overpriced. He left without buying anything because the lines were so long.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:36 am
groisamomma wrote:
One of my main concerns when I shop somewhere is that the shelves should have accurate prices for every item. Farm Fresh and Kosherwest both do not and it's extremely annoying to get to the counter and find out the price is different than the shelf.

With all its drawbacks, I see myself staying at npgs because of this and their James street delivery service.

Yes this. I get so annoyed if, for example, I choose a particular jar of cocoa because the shelf price lists it as the cheapest, only to have it ring up at the register at a more expensive price. I actually think it's dishonest and unfair when that happens. In Shoprite, if that happened you got the item free.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:39 am
sourstix wrote:
some of the cashiers are so rude. and only jackson delivers. sometimes very late at night. but their prices are the best.

I still miss krm in brooklyn. including service and the store and prices. (though produce not great)

There was one cashier who has been repeatedly rude to me. I avoid his/her line, even my kids know this. Why should I come out of the grocery feeling put down? OTOH if his/her line is short (it usually is!) I will sometimes tough up and go on it. Somehow I always come away feeling like two cents though!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:41 am
sky wrote:
They sometimes have a limit. Like 3 - 4 lb limit on very good sales, but there are not always limits.
The breaded chicken nuggets are very good and go on sale about once a month so I buy about 4 lbs whenever it on sale. Same with lemon pepper chicken cutlets, cleaned chicken cutlets and marinated chicken cutlets.

Do you freeze the chicken nuggest after they've been breaded or marinated?

I'm wondering if I should check them out....have never walked into Farm Fresh but you are tempting me.

I miss Kosher Experience like crazy...am still recovering and getting my shopping habits changed....

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:49 am
Does the new GG carry non CY items as well? I live in bayswater and shop at GG here, but my husband works in Lakewood and I would love it if I could do my shopping there so it could be done before Friday....

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:04 am
eema of 3 wrote:
Does the new GG carry non CY items as well? I live in bayswater and shop at GG here, but my husband works in Lakewood and I would love it if I could do my shopping there so it could be done before Friday....

I don't think so. I took a look at their weekly specials and there were no non CY items listed. (Whereas at the gourmet Glatt in Cedarhurst, there are always sales on chobani yogurt, breakstone cottage cheese etc.) so I assume if none of those items were listed, they probably don't carry it.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:05 am
I've frozen the breaded\marinated\lemon pepper chicken cutlets, and plain chicken nuggets\fingers. And they come out very good. I just bake with pam and my kids love it, but my neighbor fries them and says they are also excellent that way (probably better).

I just bought the crispy thin chicken cutlets on sale this week. They are coated in whole corn flakes. I froze them for the first time and am hoping it won't get soggy.

I never freeze the salmon because I don't like frozen salmon. But a few weeks ago when they had breaded, skinless salmon for 6.99\lb I know a few people who stocked up and froze.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:00 pm
eema of 3 wrote:

The only non cholov yisrael stuff I saw was lactaid milk, and there were huge signs on the shelf. CHOLOV STAM..

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:45 pm
Thanks naturalmom5 and amother coral....guess I won't be shopping there to avoid Friday shopping here!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:48 pm
Thanks sky...I assume you defrost it before baking - not freezer to oven. I might try some of this....seriously could use some menu changes here.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 3:24 pm
I defrost. But the pieces are cut nice and thin - it doesn't take long at all - it really makes for easy supper prep.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:00 pm
sky wrote:
I defrost. But the pieces are cut nice and thin - it doesn't take long at all - it really makes for easy supper prep.

Totally not for this forum, but how do you organize your menu planning?

I would love to find a system that works for sales and menu panning>?

Based on your buying sales on Tuesday- when do you do your menu planning and rest of the week shopping? You sound like you have a system in a place. Can you please share????

Thanks!!

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:18 pm
I've been working crazy hours the last few months and I found the farm fresh prepared chicken cutlets such a help. the funny thing was when my kids and the neighbors kids were comparing suppers and both realized they had the same pink chicken (sweet & sour) on sale from farm fresh.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 9:23 pm
My husband went there Thursday night at 10:45 and it was packed. Officially they were supposed to close at 11 but they didn't close until well after 12 because so many people were there.

The prices were amazing I have never seen such cheap prices in my life. There were so many good deals but I'll only post some.

Idaho potatoes loose .39 cents a pound.
12 packs of 7 oz. plastic cups $8
one case of 12 mehadrin chocolate leben $8.49
96 oz. oil nutola canola oil $3.69
diet coke $1.25
cantaloupe $1.50
three grape fruit for $1
gefen noodle soup 12 of them for $6.49
kiryas yoel chicken cutlets for $4.50 a pound

These prices I have never seen in lakewood and there were so many other good deals. Honestly they must be taking a loss because I can't fathom how they can make money with such good prices.

Also it's a beautiful store and they have so many specialty food sections like a whole section of different gourmet popcorns, a section of nuts.

I really hope they make it because there is not one store in this town that sells good produce. I'm sick of running to eight stores to buy fresh produce. The stores here all take advantage of the people and I hope that Gourmet glatt up the standard that all stores will start selling fresh food.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics