Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rocking horse ranch

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:46 pm
Has anyone ever been there? Have you been there during yeshiva week? Would you recommend it for kids 10-16? What type of crowd is there? Thanx

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:01 am
We were there last year, not during yeshiva break. My oldest was 10 and he had a great time. I think your older kids would find plenty to do there too. We are looking forward to going back iy"H this year. Works out that my kids vacation coincides with yeshiva week this time so it will be our first time going during yeshiva week. Theres the added bonus of all kosher food and seporate swimming.Im also wondering what the crowd is like...anyone been there during yw?

UQT

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:31 pm
bumping this up...

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:34 pm
We went last year and had an amazkng time. Mostly queens crowd. With kosher food included and tons of activities keeping the kjds busy it was one of my best vacations. Mommy actually felt like was on vacation too. Wish wecould goback this year

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:37 pm
We will be going for our 4th year. It's an easy vacation. The food is completely kosher, there is separate swimming, 3 minyanim/day. It's run by a shul in Queens, so there are a lot of Queens people there. But there are also people from NJ and Long Island.

The crowd is not fancy, which I like. There's a lot to do for the kids. There's horseback riding, free camp for the little ones if you want to send them (I think there's a small fee if you send a baby, like $5 or something). There is a show every night, like a magician or something like that. There's snow tubing and skiing, etc. Ask my anything.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 12:34 am
Not the op but just saw this and looks interesting. Will it work for me if my kids are 5 and younger? Or this is really geared towards older ones?

Also - how's the food?

Thanx

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 10:54 pm
my 4yo had a great time. There is what to do with little ones. ( kiddie area atthe pool., pony rdes. The fun barn. Wagon rdes. )And they have babysitting so you can leave them a bit and you can do some stuff they cant like horseback riding. My kids had a great time in the babysitting room too. The food is not fancy but good. Its not one of those events where its all about the food but t is a lot of fun. They also have double snow tubes so you can go down wth your 5 yo. I dont know how young yu can do thatthough but I think my son went at 3, check out their website for thinks they have there.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 11:15 pm
Is there kosher food during the winter yeshiva week only? We're looking into this for during the summer. Up until what age is the day camp?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 11:55 pm
Kosher food (as well as separate swimming and minyanim) only during Yeshiva Week

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 12:15 am
What is it like the rest of the year? Good family vacation? We specifically want to swim as a family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics