Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fit to Fat to Fit - reality show

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:30 am
Just watched 2 episodes of this new reality show. Each episode is complete by itself. The trainers gain weight over first 4 months so they can then lose weight with their clients over the next 4 months.

Is this crazy to change your body to an unhealthy state? Is it helpful to the client? Or is it just one big farce?

If anybody has watched this do you think it's mocking heavy people by saying 'look we can do it too'? Or is it viewed as empathic like the producer allegedly wants it to be.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 1:44 am
Never heard of it, but I think these shows sound voyeuristic and gross. I can't imagine who would want to watch this.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 2:12 am
a heavy person hoping to be inspired to lose weight Idea

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 2:18 am
greenfire wrote:
a heavy person hoping to be inspired to lose weight Idea

I guess if you watch it while running on a treadmill, that might work. Wink

juggling

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:40 am
I checked it out. What I find fascinating is how quickly the trainers gain weight, when they stop exercising and eating right. And, also, how hard they find it to get back on track. I saw an article about the man who inspired the show, and he said he realized that food addiction is a real thing, and he found it hard to give up his Mountain Dew and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 10:11 am
Very interesting twist!
The thing is, the trainers need to take into account the myriad of reasons why people may have trouble with their weight. It may be more than simply lack of exercise or bad eating. It can be genes, thyroid issues, or many other reasons. It's not as simple as they are projecting it to be.
So if a trainer says, "hey, I am losing weight, why can't you?" That can send the client into a depression, because the client may have underlying weight related issues that the trainer doesn't have which are contributing to the client's weight.
Also, trainers probably have many years of healthy eating and exercising behind them, so after 4 months of binging/non exercising, they just go right back to their former, healthier routine. They don't have to learn new exercises, eating habits and lifestyles from scratch, whereas their clients do.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 11:39 am
what I found interesting is that the trainers eating at first made them very ill ... then happy ... then depressed

it was harder to gain weight than they thought - I am sure their muscle mass ate much of their caloric intake to begin with

but once they worked out they were back to their normal healthy selves in no time

still - I don't think it gave them the full gamut of the weight crisis - it's not that simple or else we would all be skinny/fit/muscular

and let's get down to reality - if it was our daily job to train people - we would have everything at our fingertips

raising children & dealing with life's daily stresses don't make it easy to lose weight - food is comfort & easy therapy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise