Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Preparing a year in advanced

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 11:45 am
I think that I am too good for the place I am working for, but I want them to survive.

IY"H I will get into a nursing school next year, which means I cannot work. So no matter what this is my last year as the administrator at the shul. Thing is that for the job I am doing they pay VERY LITTLE. So the I doubt they will find someone that know half as much as I do about computers.

I offered to my boss to set up their major fundraiser a year in advanced, so basically the new person (whom ever it could be) only has to label the envelopes and stuff the letters. Am I being too nice???

Also, when I took over the job I created the webpage... Who's going to update it??

Additionally they added that I do the Yahrzeit notices, well when I got it they were handwritten.. Basically I WAS NOT GOING TO DO HANDWRITTEN NOTICES. Now it's all computerized and the person only has to mailmerge etc, not so difficult for a person with basic mailmerge knowledge. Thing is remembering to update the dates every year, so that when u mailmerge it just falls into place.

I still think I am too good to these people, for how they pay me...but such is life I am a good person..

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 11:49 am
I think you just answered yourself ... yes it is too much for them - especially considering $$$ - and yes you are a good person ... problem solved ... are you working extra hours to do this ...

amother

Post Sat, Jul 21 2007, 10:12 pm
Sorry, I think if you take a job, do the best you can. You accepted the job with the salary offered. If you want a raise, ask for it. Then take it or leave it. But don't work somewhere and complain that you don't get paid enough, and not put your best foot forward.

I'm not saying stay extra hours beyond what your job description is- but during the time you are there do your best.

And that's coming from a teacher in a Jewish school. I would never put in less effort because of my salary- and you know what it is like. Sorry if this is coming off harsh, but I hear teachers complaining- "well, they don't pay me enough so whay should I do x,y,z..." and it bugs me.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Jul 21 2007, 10:39 pm
when they hired me the place was a pig stye..

I completely updated the entire office, oh asking for a raise... It's a non-profit and when I mean non-profit I mean typically in the RED.

Previous secretaries did NOTHING, except answer phones.

Three jobs done previously by volunteers were just dropped into my lap, basically if I did not do it no one would. So it was a choice between quitting and just biting the bullet. Of course, due to computer skills, B"H was able to update 2 of the jobs to computer based. I think your comments are rude amother! I was talking about planning for leaving, and helping future secretaries understand what they are coming into.

They are lucky to have me, and I doubt they will find anyone with my skills to replace me at such a low pay.

rainbow

Post Sat, Jul 21 2007, 10:42 pm
MM, in your post you did not come across as complaining about your salary. I do hope they appreciate all the effort you continue to put in.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Jul 21 2007, 10:47 pm
thanks, I did not think I did..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics