Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 month old baby has a fever of 100.9
1  2  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:23 pm
My baby is turning 3 month on Tuesday. He has a fever of 100.9, and is wheezing, coughing, very congested and vomiting after eating. He doesn't eat much. Can I wait for my pediatrician to see him tomorrow or is this more urgent? He's feeling like this since Friday.

piegirl

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:38 pm
For a baby that young I think I would take him to the er. Does he have wet diapers?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:40 pm
piegirl wrote:
For a baby that young I think I would take him to the er. Does he have wet diapers?

yes but not as heavy as usual

piegirl

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:49 pm
As a mother, I would be worried about a 3 month old with fever and trouble breathing. Wet diapers is a good sign but wheezing is not. Do you have a humidifier? Did you suction his nose? Is the wheezing from a stuffy nose or his lungs? If you hear it in his chest I would definitely take him to the er.
I am not a doctor and I am not giving medical advice.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:57 pm
Hug

That sounds worrisome.

If you are in Israel or a similar time zone where it is daytime, then I would insist on seeing the pediatrician today as soon as possible.

If you are in the US or similar where it's the middle of the night, then I would call the pediatrician and have the doctor on call tell me whether I should head straight to the ER or bring the baby in first thing in the morning.

Refuah shelaima!

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:58 pm
I would call my doctor before going to the ER. Can you reach your doctor, describe the symptoms and ask him what you should do?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:00 pm
I don't want to scare you, but read this to see if the symptoms fit. If they do, then definitely go to the ER immediately.

http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/a......html

cuffs

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
My baby is turning 3 month on Tuesday. He has a fever of 100.9, and is wheezing, coughing, very congested and vomiting after eating. He doesn't eat much. Can I wait for my pediatrician to see him tomorrow or is this more urgent? He's feeling like this since Friday.

I would take him straight to the doctor, if the doctor is not available to terem or the ER.
It could be pneumonia chas vishalom

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:07 pm
Can't reach my doctor until 1:00pm tomorrow when I can call in for an appointment. I keep on suctioning his nose. He's sleeping now and he looks pretty calm

cuffs

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:30 pm
amother wrote:
Can't reach my doctor until 1:00pm tomorrow when I can call in for an appointment. I keep on suctioning his nose. He's sleeping now and he looks pretty calm

Take him to a different doctor! Where do you live?
This isn't something you just wait around for!!

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:42 am
Do you have an urgent care of ER?
At not even 3 months old, 100.9 fever is worrisome and IIRC my dr always said if a kid under the age of 6 months has fever over 99F they should go to urgent care or ER asap.

summer0808

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 7:51 am
Dr Shanik once yelled at me for not coming to him on Shabbos! with my 12.5 week baby that had over 100 fever. Turned out it was 'only' an ear infection. Also the fever developed about an hour before zman. I was probably in the office 2-3 hours after I noticed the fever.

Fever in newborns could also be meningitis Ch'v. The congestion sounds like respiratory illness so it could be pneumonia, RSV or whooping cough!

I hope you saw a Dr by now but just a clarification for everyone else.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:44 am
Please get to a doctor ASAP! 3 months is so little. Sad

In the meantime, if the fever goes higher, you can help bring it down with a room temperature (NOT COLD) wash cloth on his back or chest.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:46 am
OP. how is your baby?

sky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 8:49 am
When you call your dr at night can you request to talk to the dr who is on call? My dr doesn't want you to take any child to the ER without speaking to them first unless it is a true immediate emergency. They can get you the best dr, advise best hospital, cut wait time, or see baby at home at night to determine if it can be dealt with by the dr.

mamita

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:49 am
Take him to the er . NOW. It might be nothing. At this age You Must check for meningitis

Miri7

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:22 am
Yes - straight to a doctor. If the ER is the only option, then go. With such little ones, illness can progress fast. If he's wheezing he needs medical attention ASAP.

Please update!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:28 am
There should be an answering service at your doctor...have them page the doctor so he can call you back and advise you if you should go to the ER, this sounds like an urgent matter that cant wait.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:37 am
Hopefully OP is at the dr. and not answering responses..
Hope everything turns out ok.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 9:15 pm
Hi it's op here. Bh my baby is doing better. This morning I got a hold of my dr but he was only able to see my baby at 5 pm. I was way too nervous to wait so long so took him to the ER. He has bronchiolitis, they suctioned his lungs and kept him for observation. Bh I'm home now. The dr in the ER said that I should have come earlier and with any concern I have I should come right back. HHopefully I won't need to.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics