Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Closet Connection bed linen - quality?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mommyla

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:42 pm
I have some Ikea sets. Duvet covers, matching pillowcases, and they have fitted sheets in solid colors sold separately. They wash really well and are very comfortable. But it's best to actually go to Ikea to pick them out, because some are nicer and softer than others (checking the thread count helps too, and the more expensive sets are usually better quality than the really cheap ones). Extremely well-priced and lots of patterns and colors.

kb

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:46 pm
Drose linen has shipped me linen. They will take pictures and email them, and I found them reliable.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:47 pm
kb wrote:
Drose linen has shipped me linen. They will take pictures and email them, and I found them reliable.

I've shopped at D'Rose many times and they have great service. However, I don't think they have anything in a price range comparable to Closeout Connections. Please correct me if I am wrong.

kb

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:54 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I've shopped at D'Rose many times and they have great service. However, I don't think they have anything in a price range comparable to Closeout Connections. Please correct me if I am wrong.

They have a range of prices. I have bought reasonably priced linen there.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:55 pm
kb wrote:
They have a range of prices. I have bought reasonably priced linen there.

I'll have to call them see what their lower range stuff is. Thanks.

silly

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 2:56 pm
My mother has some linen from c c
Shes very happy with it

Leahh

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:05 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

They have the same sets as closeout connection for a few dollars more.
I have a few closeout connection sets from the cheapest line that I use on a regualr basis. The one I bought most recently is in decent condition, however the elastic on the fitted sheet stretched out very fast. I am either going to buy a matching solid color sheet from target or I will fix the elastic.
Overall, for the price it is decent. You can also get good quality for good price at the factory, Mor Linen. I don't have a phone number or exact address but they are on 39 street between 12 and 14 avenues. You can get better quality than closeout connection for similar pricing I think. (Haven't been there in a few years).

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:14 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I'll have to call them see what their lower range stuff is. Thanks.

I've actually never heard of anyone not liking the quality of a D'rose set. Since you are buying a large quantity perhaps they will even give you a better price. Maybe ask to speak to the owner.

In lakewood I've bought a few set from elegant linen. They have a branch in B.P too. The quality is very good but the prices are not low.

It's so hard to know about cc ... maybe somebody could post a pic of the linen they bought and are happy with from cc. That would surely help ootbubby.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:16 pm
Someone I know just told me that she has a number of the CC $70 sets and is very happy with them. She's had some of them for around 5 years and uses them daily. I am definitely leaning that way, but do intend to call D'Rose. It is just harder to deal long distance with a store without a website. While I am making a shopping trip within the next month or so, at the moment I'm leaning to just hitting Lakewood. If I do go to Brooklyn, I'd definitely go to D'Rose (I also need some nice linen for the master bedroom which I'd like to get from there if I can get there).

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:18 pm
Mor linen inc
1227 39th st
718 972 6418

kb

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:19 pm
D'Rose emailed me pictures of a good 10-20 sets in my price range when I was looking. But I do understand the appeal of a website.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:20 pm
kb wrote:
D'Rose emailed me pictures of a good 10-20 sets in my price range when I was looking. But I do understand the appeal of a website.

Good to know that.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:11 pm
I bought 2 sets in d'rose linen about 1.5 years ago, one was $80 and the other I think $140 or $150. Both get used daily on my kids beds, washed all the time and put right back on the bed... Both still in beautiful condition, no problems at all. The more expensive one is a bit after than the cheaper one. I want to go back and get another set of each for the spare bed on each room (if I could buy half a set-just for one bed, that would be perfect).

They had quite a few sets in the $80 range, more selection in the over $100 range.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:19 pm
I have a cheap close out connection set for the country that I am happy with

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:26 pm
Elegant Linen has a section of linen sets for $99. The print is not as beautiful as there regular line but definitely nice enough for guest rooms. It is quite a large selection perhaps in the quantity you want they would send you photos of those linens.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
Mor linen inc
1227 39th st
718 972 6418

Is this a showroom? Can I just walk in and look at the linen options?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:25 pm
amother wrote:
Mor linen inc
1227 39th st
718 972 6418

Do they also do custom orders? Or do they only sell ready sets like CC?

Are their prices on good quality linens less expensive than the other linen stores in boro park, I.e. Rose de linen or CC?

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Is this a showroom? Can I just walk in and look at the linen options?

Am wondering the same. Google streetview showed a kinda rundown building, not sure if its inhabited or not.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:51 pm
OOT Bubby, the sets from closeout connection are quite good. I purchased several sets and have washed them many, many times. They wear very well.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
OOT Bubby, the sets from closeout connection are quite good. I purchased several sets and have washed them many, many times. They wear very well.

Thank you. I am certainly leaning toward buy them; especially with the convenience of the website and the free shipping.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics