Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Master packing list - going away for Pesach

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:38 pm
We are B'H lucky going away for all of Pesach (three days before and one after, total of 12 days).
2 adults, 2 kids, and a baby.
May not be able to have any access to laundry.

I don't do well with travel and packing, I stress out and push off packing until last minute and always forget things.

How will I have enough clean clothes for everyone without taking too many suitcases? How do people do it?
I need help to plan in advance what I will have to buy and pack to last for the trip.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:52 pm
No washin machine, no laundry service?
I'd buy some clothes there, and send myself some laundry by post from there if I can't shlep it back. Doesn't sound easy at all. Do inquire if there isn't a laundromat in a nearby street.

Raisin

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 4:14 pm
Some things can be worn twice or more without washing, eg skirts, cardigans.

You can also google packing strategies to help fit more stuff into a suitcase.

Smile1234

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 4:46 pm
A big suitcase usually fits everything I need when I go away for a month. Granted I do laundry throughout the month, but you should be able to fit everything you need into 2 big suitcases or even less. Are you flying or driving?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 6:48 pm
Here's a good starting list
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0
Make sure you have enough shells, underwear and hosiery for every day you will be there and pair those with clothes that don't show stains if possible.
Have the kids wear bibs and try to have them wear robes that don't show stains as much as possible especially when eating and playing outside.
If you can find inexpensive thin cotton black / navy / charcoal dresses, buy for extras and for playing as they are great as play clothes and don't take up much room. For boys buy thin long sleeve pullover sweaters in dark color to wear over their shirts.

I would seriously look into laundromats in the area. Even if it means renting a car just for doing a laundry run or two or paying for a cab to get there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics