Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Keeping track of everybody

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 5:08 pm
So, how do those of you with large families, keep track of everyone's schedule?
Ex. I just called my babysitter, who I originally booked on Sunday, to confirm her for tonight. She comes from a large family. And when her mother heard it was me on the phone she gave a frightened "Shprintza" yell - as in, "oh no, shprintza did you remember that you're babysitting for 0613 tonight?" Shprintza did (or at least made it sound like she did).

But, my point is: do mothers have to keep track of all their kids' appointments, commitments.... it seems impossible! obviously once the kid reaches a certain age, they can keep track of most things on their own. but until then, do you have a huge calendar where you mark everything down on?
I can barely keep track of mine, dh's, and two kids under 2!

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 5:09 pm
p.s. This does fit into the "housekeeping" section, right? Very Happy

baby's mom

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 5:16 pm
LOL youre funny!!

queen

Post Thu, Jul 07 2005, 5:28 pm
I'm not there just yet.......... but I'd surmise that those organized mothers DO keep a large calendar with all the schedules/apt's penciled in.

All the others probably live precariously from one moment to the next.... while praying they don't forget anything tooo important.

1stimer

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 3:11 pm
personally, I think that if a kid is old enuf to babysit, then s/he is old enough to keep track of her own schedule.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 3:06 am
Quote:
keep a large calendar with all the schedules/apt's penciled in
Yep but not soo large, and not soo much coz they r organized but more so they may have to face the consequences Twisted Evil
and
Quote:
personally, I think that if a kid is old enuf to babysit, then s/he is old enough to keep track of her own schedule

LOL got a point there Wink

elisecohen

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 7:20 am
We use what's sold as a "Mother's calendar" with Sandra Boynton illustrations--some not super appropriate but nothing offensive. It has separate columns for each day for up to 5 family members (too few for us but we double up). You could go to one of the organized household websites with printables and basically make your own. It works really well to keep track of just which child it is that has the doctor's appts, camp schedule, field trip, etc, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics