Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Kornfeld TRAGEDY!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

basmalkah

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:06 pm
[quote="freilich"
You too! shock Crying Crying[/quote]
A few years ago.

deedee

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 7:10 pm
maybe asking can help in preventing another one C'V happening!

basmalkah

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 7:17 pm
Not really!
These things happen without warning! It's up to G-d.

deedee

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 7:28 pm
of course it up to H' but if we know about a baby chocking to death on its saliva then we know that it can happen and it makes us more awear.
I just heard a story...
a mother sent her 2 daughters to the next door neighbor to swim in the kiddie pool with the neighbors kids. when they were finished the neighbor sent the kids back home.
the mom only saw the 5 yr old and asked where the 3yr old was. 5yr old said she was pretending to sleep so I pulled her out of the pool. the 3 yr old had drowned in a kiddie pool.
they found out that, on their way home the 3 yr old wanted to go back in the pool. the neighbors had already gone back inside.
the mother shares her story cause she wants everyone to be careful to empty out their kiddie pools when u are finished with them.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 7:29 pm
Bas malkah my heart goes out to you I guess I can feel your pain b/c I too know of a tradgedy Crying And yes unfortunatley reasoning why something happend doesn't always help b/c it then says we were in control of a situation when truly it's only Hashem!!!!!

lucy

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 7:06 pm
Firstly there should be no more tragedis to report about & Moshiach just come already.

The truth is unfortunately human nature just makes us curious and want to know simply what happened Basmalka.
Though to use that as a reason is simply not right. Though I do have to agree with deedee, that in unfortunate tragedies, like the kiddypool incident, should be made aware of so that CV they should never be repeated again.

proudmom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 7:16 pm
deedee wrote:
of course it up to H' but if we know about a baby chocking to death on its saliva then we know that it can happen and it makes us more awear.
I just heard a story...
a mother sent her 2 daughters to the next door neighbor to swim in the kiddie pool with the neighbors kids. when they were finished the neighbor sent the kids back home.
the mom only saw the 5 yr old and asked where the 3yr old was. 5yr old said she was pretending to sleep so I pulled her out of the pool. the 3 yr old had drowned in a kiddie pool.
they found out that, on their way home the 3 yr old wanted to go back in the pool. the neighbors had already gone back inside.
the mother shares her story cause she wants everyone to be careful to empty out their kiddie pools when u are finished with them.

that is really sad. Crying

basmalkah

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 7:32 pm
lucy wrote:
The truth is unfortunately human nature just makes us curious and want to know simply what happened Basmalka.
Though to use that as a reason is simply not right. Though I do have to agree with deedee, that in unfortunate tragedies, like the kiddypool incident, should be made aware of so that CV they should never be repeated again.

Yes, sometimes it is important to be aware inorder to prevent other accidents. Sometimes, however, it is useless to keep asking and trying to find out what happened (as it seems to be the case with the tragedy posted here).

And yes, as you said Lucy, only simchas!! 8)

baby's mom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 8:28 pm
deedee wrote:
maybe asking can help in preventing another one C'V happening!

my thoughts exactly

baby's mom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 10:20 pm
the reason I ask is not to be nosy.I put my baby on her stomache to sleep, and I actually was wondering if the tradegy had anything todo with the position of the baby.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 3:20 am
I didn't want to post this because of how traumatised I was by hearing it but if you talk of awareness then there is a point there.
Someone just told me a story recently where someone put a coat on a stroller and then someone else put there coat and then more and more coats etc.
the ending was bad.
I don't think I'll ever let people put a coat on my stroller again. further more I wont be letting my baby in stroller out of my sight

queen

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 7:48 am
amother wrote:
I don't think I'll ever let people put a coat on my stroller again.

Thanks for sharing that tip. would never have thought of such a thing.

mommy2

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 11:10 am
Quote:
I put my baby on her stomache to sleep, and I actually was wondering if the tradegy had anything todo with the position of the baby.

and if she died on her stomach would u actually change the position? shock

deedee

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 11:52 am
if a tragedy like that C'V happened maybe other people would make sure to put their baby to sleep on their sides!

baby's mom

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:06 pm
mommy2 wrote:
Quote:
I put my baby on her stomache to sleep, and I actually was wondering if the tradegy had anything todo with the position of the baby.

and if she died on her stomach would u actually change the position? shock

If I CV hear of more of these incidences when they are on stomach, that woould make me more cautious, yes.

proudmom

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:11 pm
After I gave birth to my second child I had a nurse that came to the house. She was telling me how important it is to put a child on their back to sleep. She was telling my husband and I a story about a lady who had 7 kids and the nurse was telling her that she should put the baby to sleep on her back because of SIDS. The lady responded to her that I know what to do and dont tell me how I should put my baby to sleep. The nurse was explaining to her that its not good for the baby. She still didnt care. A few weeks later they found out the baby died. It was really sad for her to hear this and she wished the mother would have listened to her.

hindyandrafi

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:16 pm
Ive been thinking alot about this over the last week, and I actually do put my 3 month old on her tummy cos she wont sleep on her back.... My husband told me something that has helped put me a bot more at ease....WE all understand that hashem rules the world, we cannot outsmart him, he dedides when are time is up in this world.. do you thik that it would make a difference how the baby was sleeping.. if the baby has to go, it would be whichever way!!!

I know its not easy to relax with this thought, but if you think it through, it makes sence..

proudmom

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:18 pm
Let me ask you something Hindy. Would you go infront of a car that is going 60 miles an hour and say if I am meant to die I will die. Obviously not. So the same thing why put your baby in danger by puting on her stomach to sleep.

hindyandrafi

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:45 pm
I think its different proudmom.. obviously that is for sure a saccanah.....when we wer babies we were told to be on our tummys, they change it all the time, and there is no 100 proof...that thats what causes SIDS

stem

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:48 pm
My aunt's baby died from SIDS. She always would put him on his back, and then ONE night, he was extra fussy so she put him on his stomach, and he never woke up... Crying
I never put my kids on their stomachs until they are old enough to pick up their heads high and roll over when they want. A little bit of extra sleep is not worth the risk, IMO.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics