Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Old boss- new neighbor

Seraph

Post Sun, Jul 29 2007, 4:50 am
I was working for someone, and for some reason or another (don't want to get into too many details here), I stopped working for him. It was sorta a combination of him telling me to come back when I'm fine, and my taking too long to get better, but not being in contact in the meantime. And when I did get better, I called him up and asked him if the job was still available, and he informed me that he had to replace me.
So it wasnt like I was fired. But it wasn't like I quit either. It was sorta a combo of the two.

So thats the story.
Haven't seen the boss since.

My mom just got married to this guy's neighbor.
My step dad lives in a very tight knit community, where everyone knows each other, everyone sees each other, and everyone goes to the same shul...
I don't know what to do about seeing my old boss, as I know its inevitable...
When I went to my mom for shabbos, I bumped into my ex-boss's wife and kids.

I dread bumping into my boss...

Any suggestions on what to do about bumping into him? Specifically trying to bump into him? Avoiding him?
If I do bump into him, whats the least akward thing I could do?

My old boss and I got along great- he was THRILLED with me as a worker- it was just because of circumstances beyond my control that I had to be replaced...

Any suggestions?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jul 29 2007, 4:53 am
I wouldn't seek him out but if you see him walking on the street, just be cordial. Say hello, make small talk and move on. There shouldn't be hard feelings...I don't think...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics