Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Wee-wee on the floor

mimivan

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 3:51 am
My nearly 4 year old is b'h thoroughly potty trained and doesn't seem to have trouble making it to the bathroom. However, a couple of times I have caught him making wee wee on the floor, apparently on purpose (I.e. he wasn't in a big rush to get to the toilet and seemed to be aiming toward the floor. Once this week, he made in his pants. This is not usual for him.

Why is he making on the floor? Is he bored because he's not in gan and is playing "fountain"? Frustrated and confused because he's not in gan (I.e. misses his friends), upset with us? (he's a bit rough with the baby, and I have had to be a bit more tough with him now that he is home)? Is he testing to see what I will do? I often "punish" him by making him clean up the pee pee, but after he cleans up, I praise him. So is he making a mess so he can clean up and get praise? attention? Is he doing it to take advantage of what little privacy he has (we have a very small apartment) and is "expressing his freedom" (wish he'd do it by coloring or singing!)

All of the above?

Anyone experience this?

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 8:46 am
hm ... interesting ... cleaning up the pee is just a consequence of his actions - I wouldn't "praise" him cause then perhaps he is getting some negative attention turned into praise ... I would tell him if he pees on the floor 1 more time he is going to get a diaper and be treated like a baby ... although he may like that too - so make it difficult - "babies don't get to _____" this way he sees what he is missing by being a big little boy ...good luck

SingALong

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 9:05 am
this reminds me of my daughter. if I am in public with her or if she's outside palying and doesnt' feel like coming indoors to the toilet, she'll just do it on the floor. for example, last week I took her to the pool. I brought her to the toilet first and she said she doesn't want to . at the pool, I started changing her and whoosh! all over the floor! I was so embarassed! I just keep reminding her that she is supposed to go to the toilet and express my disappointment when she makes on the floor. what else can I do?

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 9:26 am
HOnestly, my boys still miss.. It's frustrating, but I know they do it only at night... Just have to clean teh floors every morning

I am just happy they are no longer ind iapers..

Annie

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 11:10 am
one of my two 5 yr olds does this a lot too. Usually at night, but sometimes during the day. I haven't figured out why, but usually 2x a day of cleaning the floor and the potty with Lysol wipes gets him to pay attention for at least a week or so . . .

raizy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 10:53 pm
my 3 yr old will pish on the floor but chas ve sholom in his pants. if he is too lazy or naughty he will pish on anything or a waste basket but not in his pants. he only does this when he is naughty.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Wed, Aug 08 2007, 6:57 am
This is hard! Boys like to pish - its fun for them. Doing it in the wrong place can get Mommy's attention - albeit negative - that's fun too. (My oldest son pished down our laundry chute when he was 3... Aaack! No way to clean that up!)

Can you be an actress? When your son pishes on the floor, try to "under-react". Just hand him a towel to wipe it up. Say as little as possible. Use a boring tone of voice. Give him as little attention as possible...

When he does the right thing, however - pishing in the toilet... give him a hug and kiss and tell him you're so proud of him for being such a big boy. Give him a big smile and loud praise. Do this for a week or two and see if things don't change in your home... Good luck!

drumjj

Post Wed, Aug 08 2007, 8:42 am
my daughter who is four still wees in her pants sometimes it goes through stages with her sometimes she doesnt do it for weeks and soemtimes she does it few times in a day I dont know what it is and why she does it I think its sometimes for attention though definately and this has put me off toilet training my other daughter who is now two and a half im waiting till she is older becuase I cant be bothered with the hassle of two kids weeing in pants all the time

rachel19977

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:58 am
What do you do when you are in the car and driving?

What do you do when you are going to someone's elses house and don't want them to pish on their floor?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 19 2007, 2:11 pm
rachel19977 wrote:

What do you do when you are going to someone's elses house and don't want them to pish on their floor?

what do you do if you're renting? you can't let just go on th carpet!!!

shlumzmum

Post Fri, Oct 19 2007, 3:17 pm
Quote:

my friend told me that whenever they travel by car she makes sure to have an empty water bottle so that her boys can make in it

with girls its harder

whenever we travel long distance I use pull ups for DS.

Yitta

Post Fri, Oct 19 2007, 3:17 pm
My almost 3 year old is currently training. What we have done with him, as we did for my 5 year old, is we bought Pull-ups and call them outdoor and nightime underwear. When we go out or at night he wears these, and if he has an accident, I react the same way as I do if he leaks in regular underwear. He calls them underwears and not diapers and I don't have to worry about embarrassing accidents in public. But, negatively, I do "lie" and make him think they have to be washed to keep up the charade. But, he is still excited to wear them and not be in diapers anymore.

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 19 2007, 3:42 pm
Yitta wrote:
My almost 3 year old is currently training. What we have done with him, as we did for my 5 year old, is we bought Pull-ups and call them outdoor and nightime underwear. When we go out or at night he wears these, and if he has an accident, I react the same way as I do if he leaks in regular underwear. He calls them underwears and not diapers and I don't have to worry about embarrassing accidents in public. But, negatively, I do "lie" and make him think they have to be washed to keep up the charade. But, he is still excited to wear them and not be in diapers anymore.

never a good idea to lie - kids do remember things
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training