Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Fair Lawn

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 7:44 pm
Can anyone let me know where the best places would be to look for houses in Fair Lawn? I mean, websites, Facebook groups or the like? We are thinking of moving there and are looking at houses right now to get an idea of costs. We are mostly interested in rentals at this point and would need at least 4 bedrooms.

Thanks in advance for any help! Smile

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:35 pm
Fair Lawn resident here!

There's a facebook group for people who live in Fair Lawn, but I am guessing you don't want to go public so I could have you added. I also don't know how terribly helpful it will be. There are occasionally houses for rent, but not often and not consistently. For purchasing, most people use a realtor. The houses vary dramatically; they range from the 3s to the 7s depending on what you are looking for and what area of town you want to live in. You can see tax information on zillow.com and other such websites, obviously taxes in Bergen County are very high. In terms of rentals, not many houses in general come with more than 4 bedrooms, so to then find a house that is being rented with 4 bedrooms or more might be a challenge. Especially if you are particular about the part of town you want to live in/what shul you want to go to.

Fair Lawn has really exploded since I moved here about 5 years ago. It's very high demand right now, and MANY current residents as well as new residents are looking for houses. Many great houses are being gobbled up immediately.

Have you come for a Shabbos to check out the neighborhood? People here are super helpful with stuff like this, but you gotta be put in touch somehow. There's a hospitality committee at the "main" shul, Shomrei Torah: http://www.shomrei-torah.org/visit (There's also 3 other shuls: Ahavat Achim, Young Israel, and Darchei Noam... Oh, and a Chabad shul, Anshei Lubavitch, and a Russian shul, Brit Avraham)

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:30 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone let me know where the best places would be to look for houses in Fair Lawn? I mean, websites, Facebook groups or the like? We are thinking of moving there and are looking at houses right now to get an idea of costs. We are mostly interested in rentals at this point and would need at least 4 bedrooms.

Thanks in advance for any help! Smile

When we were looking in Fair Lawn, we found the Trulia website really helpful for seeing what kind of houses were available and for what prices . I just took a quick look and there seem to be very few (but some!) 4 bedroom houses for rent.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 10:53 pm
www.njmls.com

www.zillow.com

In fair lawn, you generally need to choose a side of town, as you cannot be in walking distance to all of the shuls. Contact the shuls and go for shabbat. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating