Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup for sensory issues

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 7:50 am
I never wear makeup due to sensory issues. I wore to my own wedding, they put on the bare minimum and I still hated it. My mother is bothering me that I MUST wear some for my sibling's wedding. I'm willing to consider it if I can find a solution. Here's my list of problems: any and all eye makeup is out. I'm particularly sensitive around the eyes. I hate the feel of both powders and creams. So, what is left available to me?

pickle321

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:22 am
Is it the application of the makeup that bothers you or having makeup on your face? I understand how you can feel liquid makeup and eye makeup but how do you feel a little bit of powder on your face? Just trying to understand because I see a lot of women feel this way (from the other thread). Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:26 am
Pure, vegan mineral makeup is the best for sensory issues, as well as being the best for your skin.

Pink Quartz Minerals on Etsy is awesome. My friend Dory runs it, and she blends everything by hand. She will match whatever you want, and if you are not sure, she will send you tons of free samples to try. She is one of the nicest people, EVER, and returns emails very quickly.

https://www.etsy.com/il-en/sho.....22933

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 8:37 am
Pickle it just feels awful. "a little bit if powder"? It's like a colony of ants crawling on your face.

I definitely look uglier with makeup, high heeled shoes, and shimmering synthetic clothes, because they make me grimace.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 9:37 am
If you can handle mascara, that with a little blush and lipstick, stain or gloss can make you look made up with very little make up.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 9:48 am
Pewter describes it perfectly, having powder on my skin makes my skin crawl. Mascara is definitely a no go, it is literally the worst of everything that's out there. Lip gloss might work if it's not too goopy. Any ideas for brands that aren't goopy? FF, I will check out your link, thanks.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
Pewter describes it perfectly, having powder on my skin makes my skin crawl. Mascara is definitely a no go, it is literally the worst of everything that's out there. Lip gloss might work if it's not too good. Any ideas for brands that aren't good? ...

What do you mean by that?
Edit: I see you changed it to goopy. LOL
Maybe try a lip stain. Clear mascara if you have dark lashes.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 03 2016, 10:10 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
What do you mean by that?
Edit: I see you changed it to goopy. LOL
Maybe try a lip stain. Clear mascara if you have dark lashes.
Gotta love autocorrect. Not so correct most of the time LOL What is lip stain?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics