Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah dough with kitxhen aid dough hook

chocolatecake

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 4:52 pm
I usually make two lbs of dough in bread machine. I put wet ingrediants in then dry press start and have a gorgeous dough 1.5 hrs later. Problem is that im always making challah. I have a kitchen aid with a dough hook. How exactly do I make challah dough with it. I would love to at the same time use both and get five lbs and make a bracha and have forbmy freezer.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 5:11 pm
just dump all ingredients in and turn it on to speed 2, iirc. I don't do dry and wet separately.

Pretzel

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 9:23 pm
This is what I do: Dissolve the yeast in the bowl, add the sugar, let it proof. Then I add the salt, eggs, and oil and mix.Then I add the flour. Use speed #2 when you add the flour.I add the flour about 2cups at a time. I love the dough hook. Works really well.

How many quarts is your kitchen aid?
I have a 6qt and it can only hold up to 13 cups of white flour.

thanks

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 9:52 pm
There are two different kinds of yeast - active and rapid rise. One you need to poof in warm water, the other you do not.

I also use my bread machine for challah. I have a kitchen aid, and I do not like it. Makes a mess, and burns out while trying to kneed the dough.

I bought a second bread machine when there was a sale. I love how the dough comes out from the bread machine. It's always smooth and perfect after 1.5 hrs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads