Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Night training

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 6:13 pm
till what age is normal to wet?

mha3484

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 6:21 pm
My child is 5 1/2 and is just bli ayin hara starting to stay dry consistently. The Ped said if he was still wet at 6 he would refer us to a urologist. We used this bathroom alarm that has worked wonders.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 6:27 pm
Ok, so to be more specific, my son is 5, and his night wetting is not occasional. Every single morning he is sopping wet. [he wears those drynight underwear things]

busymom

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 7:14 pm
mha3484 wrote:
My child is 5 1/2 and is just bli ayin hara starting to stay dry consistently. The Ped said if he was still wet at 6 he would refer us to a urologist. We used this bathroom alarm that has worked wonders.

Same here. Had one dd who kept getting wet at night. My doctor told me it's normal and to wait before doing anything but at some point I got impatient. I got the alarm and within a matter of days (I think around 5), she was able to stay dry.
You have to be ready for a few tough nights - waking up, running with child to the bathroom, washing panties, linen - but it's all worth it. I gave my alarm afterwards to sil to use for nephew, and she had the same amazing results in less than a week.

fbmommy

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 8:56 pm
My 7 year old is still sleeping with pull ups. My dr prescribed meds that were supposed to work but even with taking 3 a night they didn't really help and were hard for him to swallow. What alarm did you use? Where can you get it? This is getting out of hand (and quite expensive...)

chaya35

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:03 pm
fbmommy wrote:
My 7 year old is still sleeping with pull ups. My dr prescribed meds that were supposed to work but even with taking 3 a night they didn't really help and were hard for him to swallow. What alarm did you use? Where can you get it? This is getting out of hand (and quite expensive...)

Some drug stores sell them. I just borrowed the Malem alarm from my sil and bh it worked amazing. Check amazon there are many different one. I did it right before Pesach and didnt have extra time to do linen so I put a pamper on top of his underpants and it worked.

cm

Post Mon, May 23 2016, 9:10 pm
Our insurance covers a bed wetting alarm as "durable medical equipment" after age 7, which is around the age our pediatrician recommended it. My child wanted to try it at age 8 when she started to show signs of readiness (very occasional dry mornings). It is important for the child to be personally motivated and involved in the process. It worked for her in a few days.

The brand name is Malem, and there are a few different models that all work pretty much the same way. A sensor clips to the underpants, and an alarm wakes the child at the first drop of wetness. The child will get up (likely with a parent's help, as these kids tend to be sound sleepers) and finish voiding in the bathroom.

Bedwettingstore.com is a helpful website, but check with your insurance to make sure you are purchasing from an in-network provider.

Tweedy

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:59 am
busymom wrote:
Same here. Had one dd who kept getting wet at night. My doctor told me it's normal and to wait before doing anything but at some point I got impatient. I got the alarm and within a matter of days (I think around 5), she was able to stay dry.
You have to be ready for a few tough nights - waking up, running with child to the bathroom, washing panties, linen - but it's all worth it. I gave my alarm afterwards to sil to use for nephew, and she had the same amazing results in less than a week.

Where can I buy this Alarm? Which brand etc.?

WastingTime

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 7:59 am
Besides technical tips like making twice before bed (20 min before and right before) and limiting drinks by 4 or 5 PM, what worked for me was money. It was a 7 year old, every 3 nights he was dry he got 2 shekel.
That basically ended it.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 11:27 am
Gosh I remember those night alarms. Terrible memories of it. I hated wearing it and it was super embarrassing in front of my siblings. Wetting was also but I was used to that.

Me it didn't help for long term. As soon as I didn't wear it, I wetted again. It's possible it was because I began using it when I was a bit older already - prob 9 or so.

I guess no approach works for everyone and I'm glad others have had luck with it.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 10:03 am
Can you figure out why your child wets? I think it can be due to tight sleeping , carelessness, or some medical issue. I figured the reason my child wets is the way he is in other issues which get s better as he matures. He's the type of kid who doesn't take take too much pressure forced on to him he likes taking things easy but multitasks better with age. He forgets importance things, dressing or eating takes very long etc. . I found that just letting it go and not talking anything about it helped him heal of the pressure I put on him when trying night training. After a year I tried again but failed and now a year later at 6 we are trying again and it looks like we will succeed iy'h. We passed 2 weeks with only some wet nights that never happened before.

pizzaknish

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 11:39 pm
Sometimes nighttime wetting (or daytime) can be caused by constipation.

smilealot

Post Sat, Dec 31 2016, 7:45 pm
My child was referred to urologist. He was running to toilet a lot in day too and it was connected. Once we managed (with medication) to build up his bladder capacity then it helped a lot for the night too. He was also constantly constipated. If a child is constipated then the bowel stretches like a balloon and it's much harder to control..
Bh he is now 6 1/2 and I'd say 6 out of 7 nights he's dry. This is a kid that half a year ago was so wet that his pull up couldn't hold all the urine. He often soaked through it..
Good luck with it all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training