Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Pearl river, NY (Monsey)
1  2  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 11:53 am
Has anyone heard of this neighborhood and can tell me anything about it? It's between chestnut ridge and nanuet. Any jews there yet? Any shuls? Does bussing go there? TIA!!

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:21 pm
I know frum ppl are just starting to move there. Not sure where the minyan is but there will be bussing for kids for sure.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 12:38 pm
Thanks so much! But there definitely is a minyan in this neighborhood? It's so hard to find out where these "garage minyans" are lol. Thanks for the reply.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
I know frum ppl are just starting to move there. Not sure where the minyan is but there will be bussing for kids for sure.

If it isn't in East Ramapo and the school you're sending your kids to doesn't have private transportation, I would suggest you double check on that, actually. I've heard of families in Ramapo Central and other districts that are having a very hard time with this.

wifenmother

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:11 pm
What neighborhood in Pearl River? And what type of crowd?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
If it isn't in East Ramapo and the school you're sending your kids to doesn't have private transportation, I would suggest you double check on that, actually. I've heard of families in Ramapo Central and other districts that are having a very hard time with this.

Thanks for the detailed info. How can I find out if pearl river is in east ramapo?

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:24 pm
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....d.dmo

I dont know if you can check this link. but it does say that pearl river is part of east ramapo just like the rest of monsey

google my friend :)

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:33 pm
sourstix wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwiDterUxarNAhVC8z4KHel2C5cQFghAMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatch.com%2Fnew-york%2Fnewcity%2Fpoliticians-fight-over-east-ramapo-school-control&usg=AFQjCNFIEn4D8i7asXWadPRjApMRQ8RRmg&bvm=bv.124272578,d.dmo

I dont know if you can check this link. but it does say that pearl river is part of east ramapo just like the rest of monsey

google my friend Smile

web site says 'parts of ... Pearl River' and there is a separate Pearl River School District. What neighborhood in Pearl River is becoming frum?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 1:51 pm
sourstix wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwiDterUxarNAhVC8z4KHel2C5cQFghAMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatch.com%2Fnew-york%2Fnewcity%2Fpoliticians-fight-over-east-ramapo-school-control&usg=AFQjCNFIEn4D8i7asXWadPRjApMRQ8RRmg&bvm=bv.124272578,d.dmo

google my friend Smile

Thank you! Anyway I guess the schools would be most likely to know if bussing were possible. I drive anyway so it's not such an issue though it would be an inconvenience.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 2:24 pm
Unless there are 2 Pearl Rivers, you're talking about a town next to
Nanuet, on the NJ border. I lived there about 20 years ago. There were barely any Jews, forget frum Jews. It's NOT in East Ramapo--it has its own district. The town was largely made up of people who worked for Pfizer, NYC police officers, and NYC firefighters. There might be a new neighborhood near Monsey with a similar name , but be very careful where you look.

I'm anonymous because I was THE only Jew in Pearl River with a kosher home.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:47 pm
amother wrote:
Unless there are 2 Pearl Rivers, you're talking about a town next to
Nanuet, on the NJ border. I lived there about 20 years ago. There were barely any Jews, forget frum Jews. It's NOT in East Ramapo--it has its own district. The town was largely made up of people who worked for Pfizer, NYC police officers, and NYC firefighters. There might be a new neighborhood near Monsey with a similar name , but be very careful where you look.

I'm anonymous because I was THE only Jew in Pearl River with a kosher home.

Yes that's what I'm talking about. Monsey is expanding in all directions so I could believe that there are a handful of Jews there now. A neighborhood full of NYC police officers and fire fighters sounds like a GREAT place to live. As long as my dh has minyan on Shabbos.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 3:56 pm
The Dexter park neighborhood of chestnut ridge literally borders pearl river. Some streets there are back to back with pearl river. There are a few minyanim in Dexter park in ppls houses. I don't know more details but if u find someone who lives there you'll get the info u want.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:00 pm
Ok--good! Pearl River was a very nice calm place to live! There are great parks and good town services. However, be sure to check what town you're legally in. Services vary hugely because of different tax bases.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
The Dexter park neighborhood of chestnut ridge literally borders pearl river. Some streets there are back to back with pearl river. There are a few minyanim in Dexter park in ppls houses. I don't know more details but if u find someone who lives there you'll get the info u want.

Yes thank you! I see it's very close. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 15 2016, 4:30 pm
amother wrote:
Ok--good! Pearl River was a very nice calm place to live! There are great parks and good town services. However, be sure to check what town you're legally in. Services vary hugely because of different tax bases.

Thanks. Any idea how I can check that?

fabmom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:01 pm
What type of people are living there now? I have spoken to agents but I don't find them particularly helpful...wondering if anyone here may b able to help?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:05 pm
fabmom wrote:
What type of people are living there now? I have spoken to agents but I don't find them particularly helpful...wondering if anyone here may b able to help?

If it's the part near Dexter Park/ Chestnut Ridge , It's heimish, yeshivish and now becoming more Chasidish.

fabmom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:07 pm
Thank you!! Is there a handful at least of not chasidish people? Are they close enough to be part of dexter park?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:12 pm
fabmom wrote:
Thank you!! Is there a handful at least of not chasidish people? Are they close enough to be part of dexter park?

I know someone that lives on Gottlieb Drive . She said it is becoming more and more Chasidish. But I'm not so familiar with that area. She lives there for at least five yrs already and she is not Chasidish.

fabmom

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 2:13 pm
Thank you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating