Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Impetigo - I think?

cindy324

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 1:25 pm
I think my DD has it. It started a few days ago. At first I thought it was a scrape on her bottom, but then it would't heal and now a smaller one has appeared next to it,a and it seems to be growing. I have an appt. at the doc tomorrow, but until then what can I do to make it feel better. She says it's itchy and tender to the touch.

Also if anyone can clue me in on what it's supposed to look like? I think I pretty much nailed the diagnosis from the internet, but would love to hear from those who had experience with it. Do they have to use antibiotics? Does it clear up on it's own?

TIA

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 1:50 pm
My dd just had it in her nose. It started off as red (I thought her nose was irritated from blowing--- she had a cold) and then turned to yellowy pustules inside. She also had strep throat with it. They gave her a strong antibiotic and it cleared up pretty quickly.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 3:12 pm
we also started on the face.....since we waited so long, the baby went on oral antibiotics as well as a cream.

I loved the cream, I used it for a lot of things afterwards!

proud_mama

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 3:33 pm
Be aware that impetigo is very contagious. A few years ago, my then 1 1/2 year old DD had what looked like chicken pox on her face and the doctor said it was impetigo and prescribed cream. A few weeks later, my then 2 month old DS got a huge red blotch on his head for which our Doctor sent us to the hospital. We were there for 2 agonizing days of not knowing what was going on (it was in Israel and we didnt understand much hebrew). The doctors did countless tests to see what was going on, as the blotch spread until his whole head was red and swollen, it looked so scarey because he was so tiny. Finaly they said it was selulitis which came from untreated impetigo. B"H they sent us home with cream which was the end of it.

cindy324

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 4:32 pm
Oh man, I can't wait to get to the doc.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 13 2007, 7:02 pm
let us know what happens!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics