Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Best twin stroller?
1  2  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 1:44 pm
When I searched through old posts, I didn't see anything recent...

I can't figure out what makes the most sense for twins. We are working with a smallish budget, but would spend a bit more to make sure that we can get good use out of the stroller. I enjoy walking and want a stroller that is decent to push and maneuver. Compatibility with a buggy board or something like that is a huge plus.

I'm seeing some opinions that it just makes sense to get a double snap'n'go for the beginning, and then get a stroller afterwards, but unless the best stroller for after is $100 less than a stroller that can be used as a snap'n'go, it seems like a waste to me.

Looking for all and any opinions!

Thanks

twogees

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:03 pm
double city mini...got one and I love it! (can usually buy one on craigslist that is a few years old for a decent price...)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:06 pm
In addition to a snap'n'go?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:13 pm
I'm having twins too, I'm gonna follow this thread for ideas.

SS6099

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:38 pm
I had the double snap n go, which I used exclusively until about 6 months. Then I got the City Mini GT, which was I think $579. I still use both and I like the CM GT a lot. Cheaper than the double bugaboo lol.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:41 pm
twogees wrote:
double city mini...got one and I love it! (can usually buy one on craigslist that is a few years old for a decent price...)

Had one also and loved it for the very few times I used it. If you're interested in buying a used one in perfect condition I may be willing to sell mine.

Just wondering if you may want to get something a little more solid for twins because you'll be using it much more than if you would be using it for kids that are two years apart etc.

But I was very happy with it. It has a great smooth ride and is very light. It folds up very easily and compact for the car.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:46 pm
The mountain buggy duet is a great double stroller. You can put an infant straight in it because it fully reclines you can buy bassinet. It can hold two bassinets side by side. It is the narrowest side by side on the market and is also a solid stroller with an excellent push that can manuever through bumpy sidewalks and snow like a dream. It is not a light stroller though so if you were to be taking it in and out of a car often you may want to consider the citi mini which is not as narrow but lighter.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:47 pm
I have the 'stroll air my duo' and bought air filled tires separately. It's an amazing stroller with the air tires. Huge basket. the seats can each face both directions. roomy. Slightly on the lighter side of weight and folded size for a double. It's $800.
For the first few months we used both that and the snap n go all the time.
I also think it's important to have one excellent walking stroller and one double umbrella that is really light and easy to travel with once the babies are out of infant seats.
And we also have a single stroller because sometimes you only need to take one baby. Smile

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:47 pm
I have twins they're 2 yrs old now. My advice is think of what use you want to have. Do you travel a lot, in & out of the car, or just for walks around the city? You will probably need both and I didn't find one stroller that's easy to push & fold and compact.
I did spend the extra and got the bugaboo donkey. It's great easy to push, can switch from bassinet to stroller seat, front facing and rear facing. Great for taking walks around the city and even on bumpy rocks and grass, has big wheels.
However in addition to this I also needed something for travel so I got the double snap n go, which I used till they were about a yr old, by then they outgrew the infant car seat. After that I got a double maclaren for travel, difficult to push especially once they're older, which someone stole while we were on vacation in Florida! So we got a foldable double at babies r us for 180. It's similar to the maclaren. I only use it when traveling, in the city I'm still using the donkey.
I see lots of people with the double city mini but I don't have experience with it, only I know that seats are smallish, and cannot be front facing, I like to see my babies, & my kids are very tall so I didn't think they would fit, even the donkey they're filling up the length of the seat by now.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 2:57 pm
I have the valco ultra snap duo (double) it's lightweight, easy to push, folds easily, great canopy and basket...

Can but car seat adapters and bassinet adapters separately.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
I have twins they're 2 yrs old now. My advice is think of what use you want to have. Do you travel a lot, in & out of the car, or just for walks around the city? You will probably need both and I didn't find one stroller that's easy to push & fold and compact.
I did spend the extra and got the bugaboo donkey. It's great easy to push, can switch from bassinet to stroller seat, front facing and rear facing. Great for taking walks around the city and even on bumpy rocks and grass, has big wheels.
However in addition to this I also needed something for travel so I got the double snap n go, which I used till they were about a yr old, by then they outgrew the infant car seat. After that I got a double maclaren for travel, difficult to push especially once they're older, which someone stole while we were on vacation in Florida! So we got a foldable double at babies r us for 180. It's similar to the maclaren. I only use it when traveling, in the city I'm still using the donkey.
I see lots of people with the double city mini but I don't have experience with it, only I know that seats are smallish, and cannot be front facing, I like to see my babies, & my kids are very tall so I didn't think they would fit, even the donkey they're filling up the length of the seat by now.

The seats are not small at all. I've put a 40 lb kid in it. But good point about the fact that it doesn't face you.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 3:34 pm
Mountain buggy duet is about 650 and then $200 for each bassinet so looks like an expensive option for someone not looking to spend a lot.

I'm not op but I'm looking for something with 2 bassinets for two newborn babies. Very Happy

Pretty much leaning toward bugaboo donkey for now. I really like the look of the stroller it's a nice design. I'm not a fan of the citi mini strollers. Although probably the most practical I don't go for the look.

twogees

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 4:07 pm
there is also the city select tho not practical at all once your twins are older since its a tandem

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 4:14 pm
this is an awesome stroller and will hold your kids well past stroller age:

https://www.amazon.com/InStep-.....oller

and if you were budgeting for a more expensive stroller, it should allow for a double snap n go as well.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jun 20 2016, 7:06 pm
I have 2 close in age, not twins, and I have the zobo double from babies r us and I love it. It's sturdy, no fuss, I use it a lot because I don't have a car and it has thank G-d never failed me.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 4:58 pm
Thanks so much for all the input:

Double city mini, I've heard that it doesn't lay all the way flat for infants, and it doesn't sit up all the way straight for bigger kids who want to be really sitting to see the world - how do you find that?

Mountain Buggy - I think it is out of my range as well as the Stroll air my duo, and of course, the bugaboo donkey Smile

Can the Valco ultra snap duo hold 2 car seats? Or only one?

Regarding the InStep and the Zobo - I'm not a name brand person. I don't care about that, but if they are significantly less than other side by side doubles like the citi mini, valco, britax double - what are they missing? I'd love to go with something cheaper, but I just want to make sure that I'm not losing any major components from what I'll need. It could be I'm looking for something that can do too many things at the same time...

I'll need to fold it in the car (4 door sedan for now - here is to hoping that I'll be able to configure 3 car seats in the back) frequently, but also want it to be sturdy and easy enough to push for a good walk...

I'll take any further feedback Smile

Thanks!!

Shuly

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 5:28 pm
Another vote for the double city mini GT.
The seats lay almost flat - I had no problem using it for a newborn. I bought a snuzzler to hold the head.
My bigger kids never complained that they couldn't see.

It's the most lightweight, most easy to fold double stroller that's also easy to push.

edited for typo

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 7:03 pm
I had the Valco Ion and was pretty happy with it. I am actually looking to sell it now if you're interested. It's in perfect, like new condition.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for all the input:

Double city mini, I've heard that it doesn't lay all the way flat for infants, and it doesn't sit up all the way straight for bigger kids who want to be really sitting to see the world - how do you find that?

Mountain Buggy - I think it is out of my range as well as the Stroll air my duo, and of course, the bugaboo donkey Smile

Can the Valco ultra snap duo hold 2 car seats? Or only one?

Regarding the InStep and the Zobo - I'm not a name brand person. I don't care about that, but if they are significantly less than other side by side doubles like the citi mini, valco, britax double - what are they missing? I'd love to go with something cheaper, but I just want to make sure that I'm not losing any major components from what I'll need. It could be I'm looking for something that can do too many things at the same time...

I'll need to fold it in the car (4 door sedan for now - here is to hoping that I'll be able to configure 3 car seats in the back) frequently, but also want it to be sturdy and easy enough to push for a good walk...

I'll take any further feedback Smile

Thanks!!

regarding 3 car seats, it is highly unlikely you can put 3 car seats in a 4 door sedan. It is likely time for a Honda Odyssey. Wink

Regarding the Zobo, it is definitely harder to push than the City Mini. However, it was $129 and the CM was $549. And it is still pretty comfortable to push and in my neighborhood, anyway, a lot less likely to get stolen.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:20 am
Ok, I think its time to go to babies r us and push some strollers around.

Thank you very much!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more