Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old woke up at 12 with no plans to go back to sleep

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 4:31 am
My adorable 2 year old usually sleeps in his crib through the night. Occasionally he'll wake up, whine "mommy mommy" for maximum 2 minutes, and go back to sleep till 7 or so.
Last night he woke up at 12 and started crying really loud. I went in, lay down next to him (on the floor near the crib) until he fell asleep again, and crept out. But five minutes later he was up and screaming. I took him to my bed (I was tired and didn't know what else to do. Do you have any better suggestions? Pleeease?). But he had no intention of going to sleep. He was tickling me (not on purpose- he was just rubbing my arm but it tickled so! LOL ), singing, telling stories, jumping around the bed... I am a light sleeper and cannot fall asleep like that. I was getting so frustrated... Finally after an hour of this middle of the night cuteness, he let me put him back into his crib and slept until 6 (an hour earlier than usual).
This is a vent... I had finally gone to bed early, with plans for a good nights sleep, but Ds had other plans...
It makes me feel a lot better to post this, so that's what I did! Thanks for listening Wink

greenfire

Post Wed, Jun 22 2016, 10:15 pm
let's hope it's not a new routine ...

when my babies were between one & two years old, I would put them to bed later than the gang - especially because they usually had a long nap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics