Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does Chemotherapy work?
1  2  3  Next

sourstix

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:24 am
why did you send this? you do realize that website has no people backing it. let me correct myself. it has no professionals with any degree backing it. it sounds very not reliable.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:34 am
If chemo would fail 97% then how do so many people recover from cancer?
That sounds like a bunch of bluff.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:35 am
OP, you posted it in this forum. You did not offer any idea of where you're coming from. For all we know
- you want input because of a difficult situation you're involved in, r'L.
- you want to spread to the gospel to people who are in such a situation who have to make decisions, r"l.
- you just want to make trouble.

I fully support the use of amother, with broader interpretation of the rules than many people. But IMO you cannot post something like this without offering some explanation. Do you know that we have members here who are on chemo who B"H are seeing progress? WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

I'm sorry. My tone of voice is not consistent with safe haven. But you are not doing your part to keep this haven safe.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:37 am
Better if you at least used your screen name.

It is not a good idea to use a "safe" forum to promote quackery (and as a duck myself, I know quackery when I see it Wink ).

The article you link to is dangerous, so here's an article to refute the claims made in yours: https://www.sciencebasedmedici.....tory/

edited to correct typo

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

MrsDash

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:38 am
Why don't you tell that to my husband. 5 years later, he's healthier than me! Chemo for the win!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:43 am
MrsDash wrote:
Why don't you tell that to my husband. 5 years later, he's healthier than me! Chemo for the win!

May he be healthy and live for at least 120 years!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:43 am
Op, you're an idiot.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:45 am
This is abuse of the Safe Haven and the amother feature

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:48 am
I was almost dead. Thank God for chemo.

This is an interesting series on the history of cancer treatment.

http://www.pbs.org/show/story-.....dies/

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:51 am
First of all your post is very hurtful.
For those of us who has suffered or has a family member who has suffered with cancer, we would like to believe that the chemo cured us/them.
Our other alternative would be to crawl into a ball and wait for the inevitable.
You don't think these thoughts cross our minds everyday.
We don't need you to remind us it may come back.
And if it does there's no way to cure only manage quality of life.
Thanks for making my day. Sad

mille

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 10:58 am
Obviously the only thing that works are these body cleanses and essential oil mixes that these naturopathic "doctors" just HAPPEN to sell - only $129.99 per dose! Get it now! Rolling Eyes

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:00 am
I am very natural minded.

And I've heard doctors quoted as saying that chemo doesn't really work, but we use it because it's all we have.

Although new things are coming up, immune system boosters, I believe, etc.

In any case, my mother (around 80 yo) had a type of lymphoma that had grown in the lungs and the doctor was saying they had a protocol that works 80% of the time. We asked a shayla of a well known Rosh Yeshiva who is known to be on the side of natural (you probably know who) and he said in this case we should listen to the doctor.

We did use something called Haelan which is supposed to help the body stay healthy in spite of chemo and bli ayin hara she was never hospitalized.

Then again, we had a wonderful shaliach - a doctor who was real mentsch. He doesn't say, this is my protocol, do or die. He gave her a smaller dose, saw how she tolerated it, etc.

Yael

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:04 am
I moved this thread out of the safe haven since op gave no indication of her purpose in posting it. Therefore I am going to assume the link was meant to be a starting point for a discussion.
I also changed the title to a less hurtful title.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
I am very natural minded.

And I've heard doctors quoted as saying that chemo doesn't really work, but we use it because it's all we have.

Although new things are coming up, immune system boosters, I believe, etc.

In any case, my mother (around 80 yo) had a type of lymphoma that had grown in the lungs and the doctor was saying they had a protocol that works 80% of the time. We asked a shayla of a well known Rosh Yeshiva who is known to be on the side of natural (you probably know who) and he said in this case we should listen to the doctor.

We did use something called Haelan which is supposed to help the body stay healthy in spite of chemo and bli ayin hara she was never hospitalized.

Then again, we had a wonderful shaliach - a doctor who was real mentsch. He doesn't say, this is my protocol, do or die. He gave her a smaller dose, saw how she tolerated it, etc.

When DH was diagnosed we were told surgery alone would give us an 80% chance of success, + chemo 5% more, + med 5% more, 95%. Very hesitant about the chemo since his dad passed from the chemo weakening his heart, and it only increased chances by 5%

B"H we did go for the chemo, recently we found out that he had other places were it spread to, but no one had mentioned it at the time. I went through all the reports with a fine tooth comb,no where.
It was a report they forgot to give us.

B"H, Ch"H a million times over

MrsDash

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:13 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
May he be healthy and live for at least 120 years!

Thank you! Flower

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 11:14 am
Thank You Yael.
May Hashem bless you and your family with only good health and happy occasions to celebrate.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:10 pm
May you all be healthy to 120. Why can't we discuss something without personal attacks ?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
May you all be healthy to 120. Why can't we discuss somthing without personall attacks ?

Perhaps you should not start the attacks by insinuating that cancer patients are somehow at fault for their suffering. Almost everyone on this forum has a loved one that is suffering/suffered from cancer. Many have/had it themselves. Nobody needs your b.s.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 12:22 pm
My father thinks that chemo is dangerous, does more harm than good etc. He has a book where some person claims to have been cured by vitamins , and conveniently leaves out the chemo amd surgeries they had.
Let me tell you, had he told me or dh any of that while my dh had cancer, I would not have appreciated it, to put it mildly.
I don't see the point of posting this, op.
Anon to protect my family's privacy.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics