Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Not crowded beach near Lakewood?

shaindy3

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:10 pm
Do you know of a beach near Lakewood that isn't too crowded thathe is appropriate to go with DH?
I don't want him to have to see barely dressed ladies.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:30 pm
Not at this time of year and especially not this weekend- one of the biggest beach weekends of the year.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 1:42 pm
Not this weekend....but we sometimes go toward the evening to the beach along Ocean Avenue in W. Long Branch, and can usually find a private stretch to spend some time at. The boardwalk is usually pretty decent at that hour.

sky

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:40 pm
I would not go this weekend or over holidays.

I take my kids in the evening. After 5:30 pm or later should be fine = better on weekday not near a holiday.

I like going to Mantoloking, drive down Cederbridge all the way. You will go over a bridge (there is a parking lot under the bridge and you can walk around which is nice if you get there early). Take the road after the bridge to the end - there is a light. Make a right. That road runs along the beach. To the left there are small side streets you can park for the beach. or you can park on side streets to the right. I believe you need beach passes (paid) until either 5 or 6, depends on the area, you have to wait for the lifeguards to leave to enter without a pass.
During bein hazmanim after 5 the place really has lots of frum families.
The area is very NOT tourist friendly so there are no bathrooms or tables or boardwalk or stores. Also be careful not to go too high onto private areas around peoples homes.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 2:50 pm
To add about Mantaloking, it is illegal to sit on the dunes (the slanty part of the beaches). Those are built to protect the homes from hurricanes. You have to go all the way down to the flat part of the beach.

There's a nice park with a kid's playground at around where the bridge is. Stunning place for pictures.

What I like about the beach in W Long Branch is the boardwalk, the bathrooms, the showers to wash off sand (feet and crocs) before leaving. It's much more visitor-friendly than Mantaloking.

To go to W Long Branch, take the 195E (becomes 138) to Rt 18 North. Get off at the Deal Road exit 11A, and take Deal Road all the way to the end (you will cross Rt 35, keep going). Make a left at Monmouth Ave (where Deal Road ends) and go for 2 lights, make a right at Roosevelt Avenue. Take that to Ocean Avenue, be sure to enjoy the gorgeous mansions and gnarled trees as you drive. Make a left on Ocean Avenue - you will see the ocean and the beach at this point. We like to drive past the mansions there, and there's a bridge, just over the bridge there are side streets on the right where you can park and go right to the boardwalk and the visitors entrance to the beach.

sky

Post Fri, Jul 01 2016, 3:24 pm
Chayalle wrote:
To add about Mantaloking, it is illegal to sit on the dunes (the slanty part of the beaches). Those are built to protect the homes from hurricanes. You have to go all the way down to the flat part of the beach.

There's a nice park with a kid's playground at around where the bridge is. Stunning place for pictures.

What I like about the beach in W Long Branch is the boardwalk, the bathrooms, the showers to wash off sand (feet and crocs) before leaving. It's much more visitor-friendly than Mantaloking.

To go to W Long Branch, take the 195E (becomes 138) to Rt 18 North. Get off at the Deal Road exit 11A, and take Deal Road all the way to the end (you will cross Rt 35, keep going). Make a left at Monmouth Ave (where Deal Road ends) and go for 2 lights, make a right at Roosevelt Avenue. Take that to Ocean Avenue, be sure to enjoy the gorgeous mansions and gnarled trees as you drive. Make a left on Ocean Avenue - you will see the ocean and the beach at this point. We like to drive past the mansions there, and there's a bridge, just over the bridge there are side streets on the right where you can park and go right to the boardwalk and the visitors entrance to the beach.

Thanks - maybe we'll try that for a change.

I love the summer and beaches. So lucky we get to live so close.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics