Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Restaurants in Chicago

lubmommy

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 1:28 am
We're going to Chicago for a chasuna. Anyone have any recommendations for a good restaurant for lunch?

momto4

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 7:53 pm
milchigs- telaviv pizza, da nalis, slice of life, main pizza
fleishigs- great chicago, taboun, hi life, sandwich club

amother

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 9:55 pm
Slice of Life uses oven and keilim that are NOT Cholov Yisroel. The food is (mostly?) CY, but the oven and keilim were never changed over. Keep that in mind.

lubmommy

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 10:22 pm
Got that last post too late. Slice of Life was delicious. There was a sign that said Cholov Yisroel under the CRC. Confused
We went to Bagel Country for breakfast. Also very good.
Taboun Grill was very good for dinner.
Thanks for the helpful posts. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 10:29 pm
It is Cholov Yisroel under the CRC. But the CRC (like most [all?] non-Chabad shitos) do not require kashering the oven and the keilim from non-Cholov Yisroel to Cholov Yisroel.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:20 pm
If that was meant to be Lashon Hara against the owner of Slice of life then I'm not Mekabel. He is my husbands cousin.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
If that was meant to be Lashon Hara against the owner of Slice of life then I'm not Mekabel. He is my husbands cousin.

It's not Lashon Hara, it's a fact that people should be aware of if they are deciding on where to eat when they are in Chicago.

I don't know what your husband's being the owner's cousin has to do with anything.

Like Motek said on a different thread about a kashrus issue, it is no different than if someone knew that a certain food was poisoned; aderaba, it is worse since it involves spiritual issues.

Also, amother just stated facts that are relevant to Lubavitchers and didn't pass judgment or make any other comments.

What's the problem?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 7:58 pm
The keilim meaning the dishes?
If you wouldn't use the dishes in someone's house that doesn't keep chalav yisroel, why would you use them in a restaurant? Maybe they bought new dishes?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2007, 8:00 pm
[quote="amother"]The keilim meaning the dishes?
If you wouldn't use the dishes in someone's house that doesn't keep chalav yisroel, why would you use them in a restaurant? Maybe they bought new dishes?[/quote

slice of life did not buy new dishes. this is a known fact. they dont advertise it but if you ask the owner (I did personally) he will tell u that he didnt buy new dishes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics