Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Adding a second sink in kitchen

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 10:12 pm
Anyone have any suggestions on where to add a second sink in a kitchen that has only one sink?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 03 2016, 11:01 pm
It really depends in your layout and space, and where the pipes are.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:17 am
I know this might be a silly question but who do I call about installing a second sink? Plumber, contractor...? I need to figure out the best placement for the sink

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:28 am
Hatzlacha. I would do a totally separate sink vs. side by side. Hope everything works out well!

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:33 am
Installing any kind of plumbing addition - e.g toilets, sinks etc. is expensive and might be impossible.

These need to be connected to a source of water and also be connected to drains. Generally when a home is built the plumbing is built so that it uses central drains and pipes.

I would start with a plumber from a very good company. He would be able to tell you where the pipes and drains are and this would determine where a new sink could go. Keep in mind that you might have to go behind the walls in order to get the new pipes installed from the water source and then also deal with constructing a drainage system in the floors.

Plumbing changes are quite expensive and disruptive. That is why when people do guy remodels of kitchens and bathrooms they try to keep sinks and toilets in the same place so they can use already existing plumbing

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:51 am
We did this opposite our original sink, on a wall that had plumbing for our washing machine on the other side. It really depends where you have existing plumbing, unless you’re open to doing major construction work.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 8:58 am
tigerwife wrote:
We did this opposite our original sink, on a wall that had plumbing for our washing machine on the other side. It really depends where you have existing plumbing, unless you’re open to doing major construction work.

I did the opposite when I added a washer dryer to my condo - I tied it into the existing drains and pipes for my bathroom which was on the other side. Very Happy

If you can tie in, it's not cheap but it's doable. If there is no way to tie in easily to existing pipes and drains, then it becomes very costly and disruptive.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:10 am
If there's easy access, like an unfinished basement, then it's probably not crazy expensive. But the best location is really a layout question rather than a plumbing question.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating