Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Men on their period- show your dh!
Previous  1  2

Coffee Addict

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:04 pm
FF , you're great LOL

joy613

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:08 pm
gold21 wrote:
So how come the men I know dont act like its worse? Its just so strange to me that I have not seen the phenomenon you refer to. Alright, whatever it is, its all good. Not gonna debate such a random topic Tongue Out

gold, the men in my life are the same like yours. Never experienced this 'man flu'. I only heard about it on this site. But I guess a lot of men do get like that if there's really such a stereotype.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jul 06 2016, 10:18 pm
Never seen it either. On the contrary, most men I know avoid doctors and downplay ailments. And they definitely go to work when sick.

gold21

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 12:10 am
sequoia wrote:
Never seen it either. On the contrary, most men I know avoid doctors and downplay ailments. And they definitely go to work when sick.

Yeah, exactly, quite a few of the guys I know totally downplay ailments and totally avoid doctors. Doctor-a-phobia. Lol.

gold21

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 12:10 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
gold, the men in my life are the same like yours. Never experienced this 'man flu'. I only heard about it on this site. But I guess a lot of men do get like that if there's really such a stereotype.

At least its not just me scratching my head over the man-flu thing lol Wink

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 07 2016, 9:59 am
sequoia wrote:

The only man I've ever known who was like this, is my dad. He has a Greatest Generation work ethic, and grew up on a farm. "Stoic" is an understatement.

When he said "I don't feel good", he ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia, and had to stay there for three days.

When he said "I'm kind of tired lately", he ended up needing a stent put in his heart, and a CPAP machine.

He's basically the exact opposite of the Man Flu. He's not allergic to doctors, he just sucks it up and gets on with things - until he can't. I think I can count maybe on one hand, how many times I've heard him complain about anything (health related, or otherwise.)

That said, I consider him to be an extremely rare case. Growing up with him as a role model, I tend to judge Man Flu cases a lot harsher, I guess.

People usually have no idea how incredibly ill I am, and in how much daily pain I'm in, because I learned from my dad that complaining won't make anything better. Sometimes that gets in my way in regards to seeing doctors, because in my own mind I downplay when I need medical help. I've had more than one doctor yell at me "Why didn't you come in sooner?"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links