Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
YAY!!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:02 pm
He did it for the 1st time....finally!!!

what do any of you give for the 1st few times to encourage them etc?

Ima'la

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:32 pm
In general, I use stickers as rewards...But I know someone who gives apple juice as a reward for toilet training - kinda makes the process self-propagating LOL

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:40 pm
I did the "you made in the potty" dance ...

madys

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:10 pm
Hooray!! My son trained last week!!

I made a sticker chart with about 20 boxes, and every time he made he got 2 stars, one for his shirt, and one for the chart. He knew that once he got lots of stars, he would get "Cranky" (from Thomas trains)

Only took about 4 days to get all the boxes filled. Problem was he would only make on the potty chair, and it was getting really gross, so we made another chart with only 10 boxes for only making in the toilet.

The first one took a LONG time of just sitting doing nothing, then once it "clicked" he's a pro! Only took one shabbos to fill the chart, and he got a new train.

Now he tells us when he has to make, but we still ask him frequently.

Next step is to teach him standing for pish.... he's not always so good at pushing it in....

Good luck!!!

myfriends715

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:33 pm
my nephew associated the potty w/ a piece of chocolate afterwards for a loong time

shoy18

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:35 pm
laffy taffy, one for sitting and trying and two for actually going. ( for number 2 only)

amother

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 1:09 am
Problem is if I use stickers - he has no concept of stickers being for anything other than sticking on a paper. He doesnt look at it as a reward. And if I do the system of 1 candy for sitting and 2 for making, he would be trying to go all day... and making me NUTS! I was going to do something similar to that but noticed it wouldnt work.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 6:31 pm
I used to stickers and it really helped. he used to stick it on his hand or shirt and every time he would make in the toilet we would count all the stickers he has and cheer for every sinlge one.
let him chose this sticker himself, it makes it more fun
good luck

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:58 pm
How old are all the kids using stickers?
Because my kids don't get the concept of a sticker chart. They'd just be upset that I put it on MY paper instead of letting them have it- and why only 1, when they want to play with a whole sheet ? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training