Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mastery course- Dina Friedman
Previous  1  2  3

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:26 pm
Also all classes that have been loaded are always available to listen to so if you fall behind they are still there.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:00 pm
benny wrote:
Also all classes that have been loaded are always available to listen to so if you fall behind they are still there.

How long is the Q&A? Is that also recorded, so you can hear it later?

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:04 pm
I think usually 45 min- an hour. About half the time time she answers questions that came up on her line, clarifies things, brings in more hashkafa and info. I found them to be an extension of the class and very helpful.

The second half she takes live questions.

It is also recorded so can listen later.

wantavaca

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
The big issue with her is that she has no credentials, no professional background or training, and no licensing guidelines to follow. So she basically can say and do whatever she wants with no repercussions.

My questions are;. Who does she answer to? Who supervises her? Does she give citations so people can access reference sources on their own for verification and clarification? How is she empowering the people who pay her for this information aside from making them dependent on her and her courses? The fact that she does not publish, is highly secretive about her information and reinforces this secrecy with the people who take her courses, and is highly mercenary, charging enormous amounts of money for prerecorded classes, is deeply concerning. There are too many red flags here.

She taught me how to be a mother and I have endless hakaras hatov to her for that.
There are thousands if not millions of certified accredited legal therapists out there who say and do whatever they want without repercussions.
And she is running a business so she has to keep things private and exclusive to those who pay.
I disagree with u.
She has an amazing understanding of what she teaches. That comes more from natural skill and experience then from any degree.

Last edited by wantavaca on Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:53 pm
benny wrote:
I think usually 45 min- an hour. About half the time time she answers questions that came up on her line, clarifies things, brings in more hashkafa and info. I found them to be an extension of the class and very helpful.

The second half she takes live questions.

It is also recorded so can listen later.

Thank you! You've been very helpful. I was hesitant to lay out the money until I knew exactly what I was paying for.

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 5:59 pm
Do you have to pay the full amount up front? If you're not happy can you drop out in the middle?

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:04 pm
I think there may be a payment plan. Should say on website.

Don't know about dropping out. Prob not!

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:05 pm
debsey wrote:
Thank you! You've been very helpful. I was hesitant to lay out the money until I knew exactly what I was paying for.

Pleasure!!! If you do decide to sign up - hope it takes you to great places!

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:09 pm
What's her website?

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:28 pm
I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this. Dina is a very wise, insightful person who has a lot of life experience and has worked on herself a tremendous amount. She doesn't misrepresent herself at all. If you want to know her credentials, call up one of the program coordinators in your country and ask. If you don't like what you hear, then don't take the course. Many people give classes and shiurim on personal growth and development, and yes, they charge for it. For example, a few years ago Sorah Yocheved Rigler was giving a 4 part web based series on Shalom Bayis called The Kesher Wife. She is not trained in marital counseling--- she is an author. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't have wisdom to offer. If something she says doesn't sit right with you, then don't do it.

Dina says you can gain things in her class that you can't gain in therapy. Not sure why that is a problematic statement. For example, if I sit down for an hour in a peaceful spot and spend the complete hour writing, for example, all the ways that Hashem is good to me, I will have obviously gained a tremendous closeness to Hashem in that hour. That's not something that I would have gained in therapy, necessarily, is it? It's different.

At no point does she say her class is a replacement for therapy. In fact, when I took her parenting class a few years ago, she was collecting names of therapists in various cities around the world to be able to refer people to.

When she says she can help all people except bipolar--- I don't think she meant she can CURE all mental health issues. That was taken out of context. She meant that even if you or someone in your life is suffering from a mental illness, her techniques can still help you, but no, they are not a replacement
for proper treatment.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:36 pm
Ok, here is my question. Who has an explanation for the excessively high prices she charges for these prerecorded classes? Based on what people are saying, she is really not expending a lot of time repeatedly, but reusing the same electronically recorded information and charging the same high prices for it. She is making a fortune from a huge amount of people....for many, this is a huge financial sacrifice. Why is she not making the class more affordable to be able to reach a wider audience? Who can explain the mercenary aspect? If she really wants to share this valuable information,why is she not also sharing in a more affordable format such as articles, books, print, etc.?

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 6:44 pm
I did not find it so expensive for the amount of material she covered. I spent a year doing it! She put together the classes. She was available to listen to and research answers for everyone's questions every week for a year! Every Wednesday she was on live for an hour. She put loads of work into it, years of studying and putting together her program and has facilitators working for her that I'm assuming get paid. She advertises. Let's say she gets 300 ppl sign on each time. That's $150,000. I don't think it is so astronomical. She is not offering something small. It is a huge amount of material and I found it very valuable.

I also assume she does not use the same pre recorded classes year after year because she discusses questions that came up each time. I know she answered mine in the classes.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 8:49 pm
She doesn't use the same prerecorded classes, and her live Q&A almost always was longer than an hour.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 8:51 pm
Regarding sources for her material, she brings in many, and if she doesn't, you are welcome to ask and she answers for you. She does refer people to therapists if necessary, she is not against therapy at all.

benny

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:01 pm
I also remember her giving referrals to organizations that supply references to professionals. This course is not about fixing your life and making abuse or major problems go away without therapy. It's about working on your perspective and how you handle all challenges that come up for you.

smile5

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 10:04 am
Learning Myer Briggs helped me more then any course. People that are similar personality type to her will like her and most likely gain . Others might be confused , or feel like it’s not working
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics