Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Montebello, monsey
1  2  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:02 am
Anyone knows information about this neighborhood? Are there frum people moving out there? What's the closest shul?
I'm moving out to monsey from brooklyn and the broker told us to look around there, cause it will be the next place ppl will spread out to.
Looking for real ppl with real information.
Thanks

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:48 am
Also if your kids school has their own bus transportation, check if they pickup from there.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:53 am
I don't believe there's an orthodox shul or frum people there right now, and I haven't heard of it becoming the next frum place either.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 10:08 am
people are definitely moving out there.. depends how far in though..

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 10:10 am
Maya wrote:
I don't believe there's an orthodox shul or frum people there right now, and I haven't heard of it becoming the next frum place either.

frum ppl already live on the border, and ppl are buying in montebello too.
might not be the "next frum place" but the frum community is definitely moving out there

re shuls there are shuls walking distance on college/ highview

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 4:51 pm
What kind of crowd has Montebello attracted since? How is it progressing? How does it compare to Monsey as a whole?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 6:18 pm
My husband has about 3 friends who bought lovely homes there
They all want PEACE AND QUIET
They walk about 2 miles to Chofetz Chaim on Highview
None of them have children

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 6:56 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
My husband has about 3 friends who bought lovely homes there
They all want PEACE AND QUIET
They walk about 2 miles to Chofetz Chaim on Highview
None of them have children

What age?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:01 pm
Maya wrote:

Agreed. And the reason is, the taxes are HIGH. There are some beautiful houses available and they seem to be very well priced, until you check out the taxes. I’m talking 30k, 40k, one House I checked out was 55 (!!!!)k. A year.
So until that changes I don’t think frum people are gonna really move in.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:03 pm
Look at the taxes. In Montebello taxes are 20-30k, if that makes a difference to you.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:09 pm
I know of a couple of people that bought and others that are considering it and looking.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
Look at the taxes. In Montebello taxes are 20-30k, if that makes a difference to you.

Correct. I just looked up a house (on Zillow that says how much taxes are) that someone I know bought recently. Theyre paying 38,000 a year.

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 8:16 pm
Montebello covers a big area. There is a shul at 84 Viola Rd (on the "other side" of Spook Rock if you are coming from College Rd)that pretty much has a committed minyan. You can get huge houses that are selling for relatively low prices primarily because the taxes are very high, making the carrying cost of the houses painful. Also, as of now, there is a busing problem with Ramapo Central, so be prepared to carpool some or all of your kids (and make sure your kids are in school before moving).

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:30 pm
check haverstraw
pomona east

those are the newer areas montebello is beautiful but very high tax

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:20 pm
This thread is interesting. The only people I know who live in Montebello are no longer frum and moved there for the public schools.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 11:33 pm
My husband's friends are definitely frum , but they are BTs who became frum later in life..

One is a decorated Vietnam vet... I believe he gets a drastic reduction on taxes because of that..

They are all in their 50s/60s

cnc

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 7:31 am
Maya wrote:
This thread is interesting. The only people I know who live in Montebello are no longer frum and moved there for the public schools.

The ones I know are all chassidish, some of them that are looking are very chassidish (covered sheitel etc),

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:28 am
cnc wrote:
The ones I know are all chassidish, some of them that are looking are very chassidish (covered sheitel etc),

They probably won't end up buying there. I also know someone who looked there, typical chassidish, ended up in Chestnut Ridge. If you're not from Monsey, Montebello seems close enough... but once you get the feel of the different outlying communities, Montebello is really not an option.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:31 pm
My friend just moved there from BP. She's the only Jewish family on the whole street. They have 2 kids @ imrei shefer cheder

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:35 pm
deleted because we moved
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating