Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dealing with co workers' and boss' quirks

Chaya123

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:50 am
B'H I generally get along very well with the ppl around me but some co workers just take more patience than others. I have this middle aged woman who sits right behind me and is really challenging to get along with. I was helping her with certain projects bec she was so overwhelmed (I offered, no one asked me to) and all she did was scream at me and blame me for things that went wrong. She listens in to my conversations, interrupts, screams at me while I'm on the phone with someone, and asks me questions about who I just spoke to and what is was all about. I have to say it's really annoying. Then when I talk back to her not nicely, I feel bad afterwards. Arghhhh!
Then there are the lazy co workers who like to dump half their workload on everyone else. I feel so bad telling them off but have no choice!
Then there are the ones who get away with everything and anything while the boss is so strict and tough with you! It makes life seem so unfair!
Then there are the ones who are so much more lax in their work and just get on your nerves.
Then there are the boss' quirks like not letting cut your hrs under any circumstances and not being understanding post partum.
Anyone could relate to me?

Chaya123

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 11:53 am
I forgot to add: The workmates who are jealous of you and show it outright and will even complain to boss, how come she could have this and I can't! Never mind they're not taking my whole story into the picture that I'm working here way longer than they ever will and don't get any extra privileges and should really be entitled to way more!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 1:10 pm
Preachin" to the choir!

Chaya123

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 1:26 pm
Huh?

twinkltoes

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:01 am
OK. This thread is timely.....I need to vent about something that happened yesterday.

There's this young British guy here who is fairly new. I've been in the company for five years. He has a chip on his shoulder about being British to start off with. That is annoying although he has a good sense of humor. But he's more annoying than amusing....

So yesterday, late in the day, he came and asked me to send a messenger to a certain company to bring something from there. He said it's urgent, has to get picked up today because the person who has it is going on vacation starting tomorrow. OK. I heard his request, dealt with it, ordered the messenger, gave the deadline (Yesterday). Finished.

About 15 minutes later this British twit calls me up a bit hysterical "Did the messenger pick it up yet?" I said, "I have no idea." He said, "Gee Avigayil. Show some initiative and find out." Then he sort of hung up on me.

Who does he think he is?

I popped him off an e-mail: "Please don't tell me how to do my job! it's been dealt with and the messenger has all of the info including the deadline that we need it by. You don't have to get hyseterical about it!"

He responded:

" I’m the last person to tell anyone how to do their job.

Although I am gazing at the labcoat that I received today two months after ordering and can’t but help thinking that if a little initiative and sense of personal responsibility was taken I would be at least better off by the value of one formal shirt. Perhaps more inspiration is needed but a sense of duty to any job, whatever that may be, is also important too? Don’t you agree?"

Now. Regarding these lab coats that he's referring to. We did indeed order them 2 months ago and when I got back from vacation, the girl who works with me told me that we hadn't gotten the coats yet because the company went bankrupt!

So. Here's what I wrote to him in reply to his e-mail while I just posted above:

"First of all, I am not in control of when a company delivers nor their solvency status! It took nearly those two months for y'all to decide where to order from, how many to order, which size to order and what fabric made y'all happy! I've never seen such a fussy lot!

For your information I made NUMEROUS calls trying to find out what the problem was with that order. My calls were never answered nor were the numerous messages I left. I think that was darn nice of me seeing as "purchasing department" is NOT my job title. And then I get back from vacation to be informed by my asistant that the company went backrupt! And the whole process had to be begun from the beginning...... Not irritating?

And to top it off I'm told I'm not showing INITIATIVE!

VERY inspiring, that is! Geesh!"

Then this morning this British twit comes in and a few minutes later, the ACCOUNTANT comes racing out to me and comes down on me about "you can't say it's not your job because o, yes it IS your job to follow up on orders and messenger deliveries and such!" Blah, blah, blah.........So obviously the British twit showed my correspondence to the ACCOUNTANT!

I'm so mad I could cry! What is he, like, FIFTEEN? Tattling on me to the accountant????!!!!! These are the games you play in highschool!

How does this grab you? Am I overreacting????? AAAARRRRRGGGGGH!

Avigayil

hadasa

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:16 am
Just thank G-d you're not like that.

twinkltoes

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:19 am
Thanking G-d that I'm not like that doesn't help me deal with my feelings of anger/frustration!

So?

Am I overreacting?

Avigayil

tm

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 7:22 am
wouldn't say you are over reacting but it's not really going to help you. People are just annoying and you sometimes have to ignore them and keep your distance from them as much as you can.
good luck!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 10:35 am
oo I loved the title of this post.
My coworker and I were just talking about how we would definitely define our boss as a narciscist by its true psycological description.

I have far less interaction with him now because I work weird hours but several years ago he accused me of trying to "sabatoge the organization" for making typos in his phone messages! Rolling Eyes

Lots and lots of deep breaths

chen

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 2:03 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Huh?

"preaching to the choir" means "you don't have to tell me, I know!"

The choir in a church is always there, and, presumably, the choir members are faithful religious people who believe and abide by all the tenets of the church. Often, the preacher rails agianst people who don't come to church. When s/he preaches to the choir, it's a waste because they are not the ones who need to hear the message.

It's also expressed as "preaching to the converted".

Lani22

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 2:16 pm
When dealing with annoying coworkers I just try to distance myself as much as possible. I never would have even given that guy the satisfaction of a reply to his email.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 2:18 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Preachin" to the choir!

Meaning, we all go through this. Me, anyway.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 2:27 pm
I wonder if using the term "preaching to the choir" is as bad as having a train on your bookbag? Confused

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 3:32 pm
GOOD ON,E AMOTHER !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics