Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lakewood

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:57 am
Going on Thursday. What's their to do for the day? shopping? parks? ideas and reccomendations?

whoami

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 1:50 pm
Not sure what you are looking for - we are not exactly known for our "tourist attractions"....unless you call BMG an attraction.
Any specific thing s you wanna buy?

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 11:55 pm
Um. I actually am looking for jewelry stores. Any ideas? names and addresses would be nice.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 12:23 am
Great Adventures is 20 minutes away. Jewelery I wouldn't buy I personally would only buy in Boro Park, but they have Chevelle that people are happy with. Allegra is just a rip off, don't walk in to there.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 1:18 am
It used to be a vacation spot. My grandparents went on their honeymoon in a hotel by the lake in Lakewood. I know b/c I compared pics from my sister in law and my grandparents pics. Very Happy

chums

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:27 am
ram jewelers is supposed to have good prices-732-363-6808
gold imports-732-370-0154

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 10:12 am
Does Chevelle have a store? I thought they were just a warehouse and an internet site.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 10:17 am
Chevelle is a store. I would not recommend buying jewelery there, I live there and I travel to Boro Park. In Boro Park the selection is better and the prices are better too. Lakewood has good clothing stores for kids or good kids furniture stores.

jemappelle

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:50 pm
some nice parks are 10-15 minutes away :
turkey swamp park (row and paddle boating),
allaire state park which includes allaire village (old fashioned village with actors, homes, shops), hiking and an old fashioned running train.
manasquan reservoir- also hiking and boating.
as someone mentioned, great adventures is nearby - including the safari and water park. in the same area jackson outlets is good for shopping

whoami

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:54 am
I personally buy my jewelry at Chevelle - she is so special to dela with - her customer service is beyond wonderful. Her pieces are beautiful, and her prices are great. her phone number is 732-730-1905.
Isnt Ram jewelers expensive?
Gold Imports (Anisfeld) also has nice things. She carries a cheaper line, both pricewise and quality wise. I've bought from both Anisfeld and Chevelle.
Good luck!

chums

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:20 am
as far as I know ram isn't expensive and I don't think anisfeld carries her cheaper line anymore. she used to, but since she moved to her new location she stopped carrying children's jewelery and her cheaper line.

whoami

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:40 am
makes sense. I haven't been there in quite a while.
The only time I saw anything from Ram was at the expo - could be she only brought expensive pieces there.

chums

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 12:23 pm
could be.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 9:25 pm
noone mentioned ari's on kennedy blvd

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 9:44 pm
Ari's has a cheaper line. When my husband wanted to buy me earings he went in there and their most expensive piece was like 1500, maybe one piece for 2,000. He said that there is no market for better quality stuff. So instead we just made the trip in to Boro Park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics