Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
2 identical twins

micki

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 12:37 am
this is cool- a lady just gave birth to 2 sets of identical twins. 2 embroys that were in her split!

TRENTON, N.J. - LeAnn and Stephen Beloyan struggled for more than a decade to start a family. Then just weeks into LeAnn's pregnancy, they discovered they were having not one, but two sets of identical twins.
ADVERTISEMENT

"We were elated and overwhelmed, and concerned about how we were going to handle all this," Stephen Beloyan, 39, said Saturday, when two of the babies were expected to go home.

Lauren, Sarah, Benjamin and Samuel each were born a minute apart on June 7 by Caesarean section at Capital Health System's Mercer Campus.

Eight weeks early but otherwise healthy, the newborns weighed from slightly more than 2 pounds to 3 pounds.

"It's been an exciting process and a long process. We're grateful for the attention. We want our kids to know how special and how rare they are," said LeAnn Beloyan, 37, who was put on bed rest 21 weeks into her pregnancy and was admitted to the hospital a few weeks before she gave birth.

Lauren and Benjamin — slightly bigger than their siblings — were expected to go home Saturday. Sarah and Samuel had some minor complications from the premature birth. But doctors say they are growing and are expected to likewise go home soon.

"The prognosis for all the babies is good," said Dr. Naheed Abedin, one of the family's neonatologists.

The Beloyans struggled for 12 years to have children. They turned to in vitro fertilization in May 2004, which increases the odds of multiple births since more than one embryo is often implanted to improve the chances of conceiving.

According doctors at Capital Health System, the odds of having two sets of identical twins from the same pregnancy are anywhere from 1 in 8 million to 1 in 25 million.

chavamom

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 1:19 am
Apparently the splitting to cause identical twins is more common with IVF. Not terribly common, but MORE common than with a spontaneous pregnancy.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 4:17 am
ka"h Very Happy
I know of someone who waited for years to have a baby well they had twins one of each and a yr later another set of twins ....Phew I'm tired just thinking about it Smile

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 2:00 pm
reminds me of a story about my cousins friend that he was the only child for 13 years, they went to bikur cholim in boro park and they helped them somehow don't know the full story anyhow nine months later she gave birth to six kids and a year later must be that it didn't wear (sp) off and she had another five kids.

frielich you think you can manage 11 kids a year and under? Wink

1stimer

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 2:28 pm
Is it true supermom?

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:27 pm
every word of it heard it from my aunt whose son is best friends with the boy of all the brothers and sisters that were born. they must all be now seven and eight years old.

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 23 2005, 7:42 pm
Super sounds like IVF treatment to me...but man 11 kids all under the age of 2...probably be the end of me.

queen

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 2:25 am
LOL
can you imagine trying to marry them all off at the same time?!?!??!!!?!?!?!

chavamom

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 2:38 am
Rivka wrote:
Super sounds like IVF treatment to me...but man 11 kids all under the age of 2...probably be the end of me.

More likely pergonal. With IVF they have a protocol for how many eggs they can put in based on age and 4 is the top number. Pergonal is supposed to be monitored for 'ovarian hyperstimulation' [and too many eggs ripening] with ultrasound, but it doesn't always seem to work that way!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 10:27 pm
amazing!
and she was still on fertility drugs after having sextuplets??

supermom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 6:48 am
hmm possible that I didn't wear sp off? I am not sure that she wanting 11 kids under two so fast. my thinking is that imagine when they all become teenagers that will be hard for her especially there will be a lot of compatition between them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics