Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Son regressed in toilet training...pull out of yeshiva?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:02 am
ive been toilet training my 3 year old son for awhile. when he kept showing disinterest, I stopped and gave him time. started again this summer, and he was doing well...except for wgen it came to putting on underwear. he never made it to the bathroom. then family emergency came out and was a week and a half where he was between babysitters and friends, so I couldnt ask them to let him walk around naked cuz potty training...I restared right after. when he doesnt wear underwear he is fine...when he does he just has accudents in his underwear. im crying already
he starts.nursery in a yeshiva next week... I dont think its enough time for him to be trained...do I pull him from yeshiva?(I kentioned something to morah, he is supposed to be trained) and send him to small bursery where its ok if he isnt trained? I am in tears already.
and yes, I tried the small bribes, bathroom every half hour

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 8:05 am
I think you need to take a total break from toilet training for at least 6 weeks.
if you need to send him somewhere else for 6 weeks so be it.

sourstix

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 9:28 am
tell the schooll that you think he needs more time to be trained and tell them to hold the spot for you. as soon as hes ready you will send him. but tell them what is going on. that he was fine before the emergency. so they understand that it might take a couple of weeks or 2-3 months. maybe he needs more time. to run around naked like you say. give him time. dont forget sending him to different places is not good for a child being trained. keep him home and eithere stop the training or continue the training and see where it takes you. I dont think you should send him to different places. the changes are confusing.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 11:58 am
I have the same issue. been tolet training my son forever. finally making progress now. But yes, he's going to cheder. Told his rebbe, he is not perfect, can you help us by making a big deal every time he goes? Gave him a nice tip. Going to yeshiva will actually help your son, bc he'll see that everyone else goes and get in the swing of it.
I sent my son in underwear but put a pull up over it to prevent leakeages. Bh never had an issue with them.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:31 pm
My son just started school and he was trained in the nick of time! We had constant accidents the first week most likely due to the transition. The second week we sent him with a container of treats and they give it to him whenever he uses the toilet.

I would recommend that you hyper focus on it for the next week and send him anyway. 1 week should be enough to get him semi-comfortable in underwear. Send incentives and have the teacher give to him everytime he goes or tries to go. Worst case, you send him in a pull-up and they don't change him in school. It sounds like he mostly has the hang of it and he is almost trained. Many kids that age have accidents, especially when starting with a new Morah or preschool

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:45 pm
When my kids went to preschool, there was a rule 3 accidents and your kid is out for 2 weeks.
I would keep him home for a week or 2 and then send him to the yeshiva.
This should be enough time. He's almost there.
It's better if you just keep him home in the beginning then being sent home.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 01 2016, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
When my kids went to preschool, there was a rule 3 accidents and your kid is out for 2 weeks.

Wow! That's a tough rule! Several trained children in my son's preschool are still having regular accidents, but they are dealing with it and are saying that it's all normal when kids are re-adjusting to a new setting. I should count my blessings.

OP, find out what their policies are and how they handle accidents.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 6:01 am
OP here,

thanx for the responses. I spoke to sxhool, morah understood curcumstamces and said she will work with me....spoke to preschool coordinator. she said I should jeep him home till he is trained...said to bring him in for orientation, and then keep him at home till he is ready. I am very nervous. he is fine....until he puts on underwear...if anyone has any extra tips or advice, I would grratly apreciate it. till then, we are continuing house arrest till he gets it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training