Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help!!! MY Toddler and 16 month old are obsessed with food!!

momof2

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 11:48 am
My 2 1/2 year old and my 16 month old girls, loooooove eating!!!!!
I dont know what to do!!! I always give them food. Im the kind of mom that doesnt mind if they have cookies and some sugar etc. Dont worry thought-they looooove fruits and my 21/2 yr odl also like veggies. Now the problem is -especially my 16 month old will eat and eat and eat. I have to stop her sometimes during breakfast and supper, because shes sooo full and her stomache is rock hard.
Anytime someone has food my 2 yr old will go over and ask for some!!! They arent hungry kids they always eat. maybe they are hungry??? but that wouldnt make sense, because they always eat. I let them have whatever they want (well u know, usually! ). my 2 year old would have 5 nacterines a day if I let her !!!!!!!!!
HELP!

shlumzmum

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 12:31 pm
at a certain point I also felt like my son is eating too much. I asked the doctor about it and he told me that it could be a growth spurt (dunno exactly how to spell it) well after a few days I realized that he's eating less
try to give 3 full meals a days with a snack in the morning and one in the afternoon. make sure they get enough to drink, drinking helps to be less hungry!!
be happy that they want to eat, some children hardly eat and that's a bigger concern!

Lani22

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 12:44 pm
Are they overweight?

momof2

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 7:34 am
no-not overweight, just very tall

sysr

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:46 am
well maybe they need the more food to keep up there body size. B"H it is length not width. I would suggest that you naturally limit the nosh and unhealthy snacks and promote the fruits and vegs and healthier foods. I am not saying never to give the other stuff but it is not a long term habit you want them to have. I don't know but probably they are just doing extra growing now and will slack off the eating at some point. but unhealthy snack eating habits are harder to break.
good luck and have fun keep on getting them new clothes every few months because they are growing Wink

momof2

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 12:25 pm
thanks sysr Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics