Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Whole wheat pizza

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:47 pm
I'd like to make whole wheat pizza. Anyone have an easy recipe? Tonight I made it with a regular recipe and just subsituted half the flour for whole wheat. ANyone know if I can just substitute the whole thing or do I need a new recipe? Also, anyone have a recipe for a suace with vegetables in it?

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:59 pm
if you make it complete whole wheat it can be too heavy unless you get some special "high gluten" to mix in ...

avimom

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:05 pm
what's that?

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:22 pm
not exactly sure ... its a protein additive ... my ex uses it to bake whole wheat ... and my friend uses it ... and it is much lighter and fluffier than if you don't ... I tend to mix the whole w and white together ...

lamplighter

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:23 pm
u can get it in a health food shop

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:24 pm
I think that with pizza crust, it's not such a big deal if the dough is too dense. If you were trying to make fluffy challah with 100% pure whole wheat, you'd need gluten, but for pizza, I don't think it really matters. Of course, it can't hurt, but if you don't have gluten, I'd just use whole wheat flour and I'm sure it'll be fine. Let us know how it turns out Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 10:08 pm
it does matter if you like fluffy dough ... for pizza ... I make thick crusts when were in the mood ... FUN ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals