Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Does lemon water really help?
1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 10:35 am
I came across this article abt drinking lemon water first thing in the morning. I did a lot of reading on it. Now my question is have any of you tried it and can tell me it really works? Its takes disgusting (drinking it now).

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 10:58 am
It does if you drink it instead of eating cake and ice cream.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:00 am
Seas wrote:
It does if you drink it instead of eating cake and ice cream.

Corny!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
Corny!

not nice!

she's right.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
not nice!

she's right.

Thank you. I was very offended by that comment. Nobody knows my weight struggles. If you dont have something decent to say dont say it.

sprayonlove

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:08 am
I did this when I was cutting out coffee in the morning and in my experience it absolutely worked. I didn't crave caffeine after I drank a glass. And I felt more full and energized. I wish I could get back in the habit of doing it because it gave me so much energy and it was a really great start to my day but I'm back to drinking a cup of coffee in the morning now.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:11 am
sprayonlove wrote:
I did this when I was cutting out coffee in the morning and in my experience it absolutely worked. I didn't crave caffeine after I drank a glass. And I felt more full and energized. I wish I could get back in the habit of doing it because it gave me so much energy and it was a really great start to my day but I'm back to drinking a cup of coffee in the morning now.

Thats what I also read. That it supposed to boost energy

amother
White

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:16 am
do you use freshly squeezed lemon or from a bottle. I can't seem to find a bottle that I like that doesn't have extra stuff in it.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:25 am
amother wrote:
do you use freshly squeezed lemon or from a bottle. I can't seem to find a bottle that I like that doesn't have extra stuff in it.

The article I read says to use fresh lemons. And also it goes by weight. 150 lbs and less should drink 16 oz per half a lemon and over 150 to use 1 lemon for 24 oz.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 11:54 am
It only works with fresh lemons.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:11 pm
tweety1 wrote:
The article I read says to use fresh lemons. And also it goes by weight. 150 lbs and less should drink 16 oz per half a lemon and over 150 to use 1 lemon for 24 oz.

Thanks for the details! I heard about it and usually drink 1/2 lemon to 16 oz, though according to my weight I should be drinking one lemon to 24 oz. Can you post a link to the article please?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
Corny!

You are one rude being. Maybe you don't have a weight issue but for someone who does and is asking a question, at least you could be supportive. If you don't have anything nice or neutral to say then don't say it.
I drink lemon water every morning. If it helps? I can't say for sure but it's way better than a coffee instead and keeps me hydrated at least. But I stick to a diet, basically no sugar and no white flour or very minimal sugar and flour.
It definitely has a plus and wouldn't give it up.

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:55 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Thank you. I was very offended by that comment. Nobody knows my weight struggles. If you dont have something decent to say dont say it.

Seriously??? You got offended by that??? Were you like trying to become offended???

It was a throwaway line, a simple joke (perhaps not the funniest ever, but neither is it the shabbiest) not aimed at anyone. If anything it was poking fun at 'miracle' solutions in general.

FTR I do struggle with my weight - especially when trying to maneuver my heft up stairs...I'm overweight, stout, big-boned, large, full-figured, portly, or whatever you want to call it (just not fat!). Though I've managed to lose a substantial amount since the beginning of the year just by not fressing.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the details! I heard about it and usually drink 1/2 lemon to 16 oz, though according to my weight I should be drinking one lemon to 24 oz. Can you post a link to the article please?

Ill tell you, I read it on the internet and right away went to dr google "lemon water in the morning", so which exact article I originally came across I dont remember. Sorry

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:45 pm
I put a drop each of lemon and peppermint essential oils in a large glass water bottle and drink it throughout the day. I do think it helps. First of all it makes the water taste more refreshing (the flavor of lemon oil in water is a little different than plain lemon. More gentle I think) and I have my own personal large bottle so I drink more, and drinking more is going to be good for you no matter what. And also I think the lemon water is detoxing or something because my digestive system seems to run smoother when I'm religious about it. For me that means I have fewer cravings and weird appetite shifts.

tweety1

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:50 pm
Seas wrote:
Seriously??? You got offended by that??? Were you like trying to become offended???

It was a throwaway line, a simple joke (perhaps not the funniest ever, but neither is it the shabbiest) not aimed at anyone. If anything it was poking fun at 'miracle' solutions in general.

FTR I do struggle with my weight - especially when trying to maneuver my heft up stairs...I'm overweight, stout, big-boned, large, full-figured, portly, or whatever you want to call it (just not fat!). Though I've managed to lose a substantial amount since the beginning of the year just by not fressing.

Who says I do fress? I eat a veg salad every day, I eat minimal minimal starches a day; and whatever starch I do eat I make sure is whole grains only. I never eat cake. Occasionly I will cheat on a piece of chocolate or a kleins fruit bar

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
You are one rude being. Maybe you don't have a weight issue but for someone who does and is asking a question, at least you could be supportive. If you don't have anything nice or neutral to say then don't say it.
I drink lemon water every morning. If it helps? I can't say for sure but it's way better than a coffee instead and keeps me hydrated at least. But I stick to a diet, basically no sugar and no white flour or very minimal sugar and flour.
It definitely has a plus and wouldn't give it up.

Sounds like you misread. This corny comment was meant for the poster who wrote abt not eating cake and ice cream. The question is a very sincere one. Im actually following the thread.

cholenteater

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 1:55 pm
My husband says it really helps- he got the tip from his gym instructor. He has definitely lost weight but then again he is also going to the gym and eating better meals. He feels it makes a difference. He uses lemon juice from the bottle.

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 2:30 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Who says I do fress?

No one. Nor was it in any way implied. Stop taking offence at imagined insults.

besty

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 2:43 pm
it definitely cleanses the body to some extent.......that's what citrus does to you......
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise