Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Do you know some segulos for parnassa tova?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 7:31 pm
We just had a Terrible year....I'm open to anything.

I did not believe in this kind of stuff until I attended a Tu Bi'Shevat seder!
there a woman said to me out of the blue as I was In the area that represents the lowest level "you are in dirt" I will move up in the world and you are in dirt her tone gave me this weird feeling....both DH and I were stunned by her mean tone and weir comment but did not say anything.

She has since then moved up in the world! she got a huge new house and all is well with her (BH). I'm not envious but feel that she cursed us! the day after the seder all hell broke loose and we have lost a considerable amount of income. Now she continues to treat me with contempt , it hurts.

I don't want to be excesively rich I just want to be able to keep my house my 1 old car ,pay tuition ,save a little, give more tzedaka. I do not covet her stuff but feel that her declaration worked I do feel down on dirt.

We are frum, keep mitzvot, do our 10% .... so this feel terrible.
Please don't be cheeky and suggest hard work...that is already been done!
I hope I don't sound as pathetic as I feel ,I pray that Hashem will have mercy and help us provide for our family.

thank you for letting me air my thoughts.

Amother becouse I feel embarrased to even have this thoughts. Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Tehilla

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 7:39 pm
we just had an indescribably difficult 4 years...amother, you have my hugs and my sympathy.

spiritual segulos:

maaser, davening by the kevarim, an organization called Kol Hamitpalel (it's free) where you can leave your name and obtain the name of someone who is in your situation, because the Gemara states when you daven for someone in your situation Hashem will answer you first (and of course help the other person!). you can PM me for the number of the place or maybe google it.

I was told by a Rebbe to increase my voluntary acts of chessed that Hashem should do so with me. challah baking is a known segula, being extra careful with tznius and shalom bayis.

there are also certain seforim that are segulos for parnassa. I just went to look for the list but can't find it this second. I'll try to post again if you are interested.

try any or all of these. we read, or were told about a lot of the above. hatzlacha rabba, the new year should be sweet in material and spiritual brachas for you.

Tehilla

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 7:48 pm
oh and regrading:

Quote:
there a woman said to me out of the blue as I was In the area that represents the lowest level "you are in dirt" I will move up in the world and you are in dirt her tone gave me this weird feeling....both DH and I were stunned by her mean tone and weir comment but did not say anything.

She has since then moved up in the world! she got a huge new house and all is well with her (BH). I'm not envious but feel that she cursed us! the day after the seder all hell broke loose and we have lost a considerable amount of income. Now she continues to treat me with contempt , it hurts.

first of all, I'm sorry she said something to you that made you feel badly. she cannot curse you as it states clearly in the Torah! whatever Hashem has intended for you no one can take away, no matter what, in terms of earning a living.

it is also a known segula that a person who suffers embarrassment in public and doesn't respond to the person, has a huge zechus and major blessings to have and to give out. may you be zoche to receive your parnassa tova, parnassa b'kavod without any worries and distribute generous tzedaka as well.

I believe unfortunately that you are not the only one. this past year I personally as well as many beloved friends have suffered tremendous trials. I have heard it one too many times regarding this past year. I cannot even describe our own personal trials! that is why I believe so strongly that since so many people suffered so greatly, a) Moshiach will surely be here right now, and b) the new year which we have already starting bentsching either other for good, will surely see all of us delivered with revealed goodness!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 7:49 pm
http://www.tefillos.com/parshas_hamon.asp

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 8:03 pm
Not a segula, but ask your rav about the maasser. Some will tell you can give less than 10%, others say it is only mandatory if you did a neder (tzedaka is mandatory though). Many say what you pay for Jewish school is included.

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 8:04 pm
I heard that sharpening knives erev shabbos is a segulah for parnassah...dont know why.
also, by halvdalah, after fire is extinguished to put fingers in the grape juice and then in your pockets...but I may be mixing this up...

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 8:10 pm
I heard buying a knife on Erev Rosh Hashana, toiveling it and then using it on R.H is a segulah for parnassa.

shoy18

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 8:11 pm
mimivan wrote:
I heard buying a knife on Erev Rosh Hashana, toiveling it and then using it on R.H is a segulah for parnassa.

I heard this too, and know people who get a new challah knife every year

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 1:10 am
Hanging the havdalah candle in a place where it can be seen, also leaving the shabbos white tablecloth on till sunday morning, don't ask me why, but I try these, and I hope they work. I don't want to know what it would be like if I didn't.

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 2:16 am
shoy18 wrote:
mimivan wrote:

I heard this too, and know people who get a new challah knife every year

Is there a source for this?

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 3:38 am
there is a source for this, I'll post it later (need to ck with dh) but you should say parshas hamon, with kavana and knowing what it means, every day.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 5:38 am
My DH eats the challah crumbs on the challah board after cutting the challahs on Shabbos. This is supposed to be a segulah for parnassah. Something about not wasting with even the crumbs...

All your brachos come from Hashem and no strange lady can change your mazal. Just keep davening and doing what's right according to the Torah and forget about that lady.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:21 am
Not to waste any food. (the challa crumbs is part of this)

Not to throw out any edible bread (that means stale too).

Not to hang up any food, especially bread or mezonos. Don't hang bags on the stroller, or on hooks in the house.

Be careful to always say birchas hamazon from a siddur/bencher.

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:36 am
When pouring wine for havdallah, pour in abundance, letting it overflow, even spilling all over.
By showing that you don't mind losing a bit of wine on the floor, as if it were water, you will be bentched with that much money as well.
BIL does that, and once we were all making fun of him, and he went to get the mail right after havdallah, a got a hefty check! (He's a shliach. So it's normal for him to get checks in the mail.)
I would say it sort of falls under the same category of what DH was told (and my father heard it too) - if you dress like you have money, ppl will respect you as if you have money, and then money will come to you easier.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:00 pm
Thank you ladies for all your kind replies.
The thought that people cannot curse others is very conforting.
The Challah knife I will do.
The wine we do according to the Ben Ish Hai
The crumbs I always have done since I heard from my grandmother about not having any bread and longing for even a crumb.
I look forward to davening for the well being of others and may Hashem confort us all and bless us with complete Peace this upcoming year.

Thank you again , I feel much better knowing people care and try to help.
Smile

ablevaybel

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:39 pm
It was a good question - and so appropriate for this time of year. I wish you lots of mazel in the coming year and that you should have more parnassah in the new year than you did worries in the past year!

There is a saying in Finland, "There is nothing as long as a bad year". At least it seems that way at the time.

AV

amother

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 1:45 am
Covering hair well (preferably with a Shaitel) at all times is a segulah for Parnasa and other things.

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 4:40 am
the shulchan aruch brings down saying parshas hamon daily and with kavana.

SZ mother

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 9:55 am
we are supposed to say the whole parsha?

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Aug 29 2007, 9:01 am
SZ mother wrote:
we are supposed to say the whole parsha?

its in the siddur, after shacharis usually. its about a page long.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur