Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Playing Ball

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 4:36 am
My father would like to know if there is somewhere in Israel where people play paddle ball. Also interested to know about Tennis and even better if they're not so young... Anyone seen this here? Anyone know if Maale Adumim, Ramot, or Beit Ahemesh have anything like it? Thanks!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:33 am
I know Beit Shemesh has a tennis court.

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 1:52 pm
What is paddle ball? Ping Pong? MA has tonnes of ping pong tables (many of the parks have at least one). We also have tennis courts.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:00 pm
Marion wrote:
What is paddle ball? Ping Pong? MA has tonnes of ping pong tables (many of the parks have at least one). We also have tennis courts.

No, paddle ball is apparently more like handball. There is a big wall and the 2 players take turns bouncing the ball off the wall to each other. (I think...)

cm

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
No, paddle ball is apparently more like handball. There is a big wall and the 2 players take turns bouncing the ball off the wall to each other. (I think...)

That is exactly what it is. The paddles are wood (or used to be; there are probably modern versions now), much larger than a ping pong paddle but smaller than a tennis racquet, perforated with many holes like a colander to allow the passage of air while swinging. I think it is most popular among older men.

Any blank wall such as the side of a building without windows should do.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 3:11 pm
cm wrote:
That is exactly what it is. The paddles are wood (or used to be; there are probably modern versions now), much larger than a ping pong paddle but smaller than a tennis racquet, perforated with many holes like a colander to allow the passage of air while swinging. I think it is most popular among older men.

Any blank wall such as the side of a building without windows should do.

Yes, that's it, thank you! And interesting that it's mostly older men wo play. I think he's been playing since he was much less of an older man, but I guess so were the other guys back then. So if anyone has seen it played in Israel, we'd still love to hear about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions