Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Adjusting to life with 2 kids

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 6:47 pm
In a nutshell, how??? It used to be so easy to get out and do things.. my older one needs to get out and run around, but almost impossible with a two month old.

Besides for that, household chores- how do you get everything done, I feel like the day is way too short.

Any tips in general for having the energy to get up in the morning even though nursing during the night and just tips for going about life with 2 kids would really help me out. Advice on time for myself would be appreciated too- how soon after having a second kid did you arrange to get out?

I dont know what else I'm leaving out, b/c I'm so tired, but please respond with any advice!

Thanks moms.

Signed, exhausted.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:59 pm
FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO REALLY BE ORGANIZED & PREPARED KNOWING WHAT THE AGENDA WILL BE FOR THE DAY. IF GOING OUT STAYING IN....

WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN MORNING 1ST THING MAKE BEDS ONCE THAT IS DONE YOU FEEL LIKE HALF A PERSON.

FEED BOTH BABIES, AT ABOUT ELEVEN PUT BACK CHILDREN FOR NAP. THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE FREE TIME TO TIDY HOUSE..... WHEN CHILDREN WAKE UP, FEED LUNCH THEN JUST GET OUT OF HOUSE!! EVEN IF ITS NOT IN PERFECT ORDER, CUZ YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT OTHERWISE!

START BY GOING OUT ONCE A WEEK FOR 45 MIN. AND SO ON.

GOOD LUCK!

cdawnr

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 3:20 am
I don't have so much practical advice except to please remember that you haven't passed the 3 month mark yet....things do start to get a little easier around 3 months when both you and the baby have fallen into more of a rytham and your body has adjusted to the new sleep cycle a bit more.

It does get easier!

Maybe see if there is a girl in the neighborhood who could come play with your older child after school to relive some of the pressure.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 7:08 am
Streamline cleaning, meals, everything you can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics