Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
4yr old "loosing bladder control"

Ima-to-angels

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 7:51 am
I don't really know if that is the right way to phrase it, but my 4yr old, who has been dry for over 2ys has started peeing on the floor recently. She has now done it 4 times.
what can I do ? I try not to get angry, but yesterday when she did it, she just looked at me like "I'll show you" and then laughed when I asked her why. Its that "attitude" that gets to me more than anything.
We have a 2yr old who is starting to be toilet trained and a 9mth old.
Perhaps she's doing it for attention?
Help!

technic

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 8:46 am
my money is on fact that 2 yr old is starting 2 b trained and prob getting (necessary) extra attention from u bcos of it...

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 1:26 am
It's very well possible what technic said, but it could also be the nine month old baby, she is most prob. jealous and tries to get your attn. this way.
She knows that you can't ignore when she does that.
she might have tried other things and if you didn't respond to her, she is trying s/thing bigger.

stem

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 1:00 pm
I would not make a big fuss about it. Make her clean up her own mess and change her own clothes. She'll get tired of it quickly.

lucy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:58 pm
Agree with all the above!
But I would take her on a special type of little outing with just u & her alone to give her some extra attention.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 1:45 pm
Or maybe she just simply is starting to lose her control.

Does she pee in her bed at night, is it only when you're in her presence, is it only after you've spent a whole amount of time with your other children. You might want to look into it more.

I know of many incedents where children will have looser bladders as they grow up even until teeanage years, you may want to check it out now to see if it really is attention or is it really a physical probloem she may be experiancing.

It cant hurt to be more careful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training