Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Move or not?

RedVines

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:15 am
Heres the sitchation: We are currently living in a city where there really is nothing (except for what I make) for chinuch. Our plan is to move within a year. This coming school year I have committed to teaching, preschool and 1st grade. BUT I just got an offer to teach (doubling my pay) in a way "better" community meaning: my kids will have a school, we can stay longer, kosher food more acssessable, we have really good friends there.
So my concern is I have already made my commitments, maybe this is my shilchus for one more year, because really the preschool wouldnt be taught without me doing it. But it is so hard to not be selfish for my family. They would have so much more.
Just wanting to vent , I have to make my desicion, would love some imput!!

queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:18 am
Can you find a replacement for yourself in the 'old' town? Maybe a young single girl who'd be willing to come for the year?

What's your husband's opinion on this?

RedVines

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:25 am
My husband is letting me decide, his job is flexable.

as for a single girl coming out, it really isnt possible.

roza

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:29 am
so,will it be better for your family to move to another place, where you got the new offer?

about commitment- if you will give them an advance note, do you think they will find someone else?

RedVines

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:42 am
Yes it will definitly be a better place for my family as far as yiddishkeit and chinuch. My son will get to play with other frum boys his age.

There is about 3 weeks left to school and hebrew teachers are sooo hard to find.

Mommy912

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:57 am
This is a tough one you've got, the needs of the tsubur (community) versus the needs of your family. I would ask a shaila from a Rov. Besides for a more objective view then your own, you won't feel guilty about your choice and you can tell the people that you are acting on guidance.

Motek

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 6:28 pm
mommyoftwo wrote:
I have to make my desicion, would love some imput!!

Are you Lubavitch? (my advice would vary depending on yes/no)

RedVines

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 9:14 pm
Yes im a lubav and Hashem already made the desicion that indeed my shlichus is here...One more year and I plan to make the best of it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics