Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Los Angeles

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:16 pm
I have 1 day in L.A but no friends or family that live there who I could ask. Can anyone tell me about the attractions, what would you recommend I do/see. Where is there to eat? How far is the frum area from the airport?
THANKS!!

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:28 pm
What do you like to do? Art, culture, shopping, beaches, hiking, food ...? Most of the kosher restaurants are in the Pico-Robertson neighborhood, which is around 30 minutes from the airport, assuming reasonable traffic.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:34 pm
Rent a car. Public transportation will take you a lot of extra time you don't have especially if you are unfamiliar with the area.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:37 pm
And which frum area? Pico, la brea, valley.. And I assume you mean LAX? Burbank is another airport I actually prefer...

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:43 pm
I would highly recommend going to Malibu and having lunch at the Fish Grill, then walk across the street and head to Malibu Pier for a leisurely stroll and enjoy the sight, smell and sound of the ocean. IF you're a shopper head to Beverly Hills and walk around Rodeo Drive have coffee and a quick bite at Coffee Bean on Bedford- Do NOT miss Barney's- they have wonderful make up artists. IF you are into the art scene absolutely go to The Getty right off the 405 they have an excellent temporary exhibit called London Calling. Try to do the architectural tour or the garden tour. From there head to Orange Delight in Sherman Oaks for the best glatt kosher burgers in town- super fresh! The fish tacos are super light, healthy and filling.

IF you're a foodie... and you also like shopping do not miss the lunch menu at La Gondola in Beverly Hills. This is a top notch glatt kosher steak house with a reasonable lunch menu.

Hope this helps.

You MUST rent a car. Public transportation is hideous.
Uber is a good option too.

Have fun and let us know how you spent your day!!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 12:44 pm
Oops... I meant BEVERLY DRIVE...sorry

tichellady

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 1:15 pm
Uber pool is affordable if you don't want to rent a car. If you want to try kosher Thai food we have a meat and vegan place. The broad museum is very cool, try to get tickets in advance online.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 4:00 pm
Fish Grill in Malibu is a good idea. They make a great fried fish sandwich. There is also a Fish Grill location in Pico-Robertson; Pico is the area that has a lot of kosher restaurants & shuls.

There's a fun candy shop in Pico called Menchies. If you want to get candy as a gift for someone or stop for ice cream or shake, stop by there.

If you like Chinese food or sushi, Shanghai Garden in Pico is good. It's a nice sit down restaurant, not too crazy expensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics