Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Wont go #2 in toliet

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 9:31 pm
My son is 3.5 and was trained over this past chanukah. He wont go dirty in the toliet. He saves it for his night diaper. He falls asleep with a water sippy cup and im not ready to night train him yet and get rid of diapers. I bought him something he really wanted like four months ago and told he can have it when he goes in toliet. He went a few times and then stopped. I told him im gonna take it away if he doesnt go in toliet and he handed to me right then. I.was very.surprised. did any of ur kids do this? At a certain point did they just start going on toliet themselves or was it a battle? What age did they finally start going on toliet?

mommy6

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 11:35 pm
I had similar with my son. I only got him to go on the toilet once there were no diapers in the house. He was wearing underwear at night and I told him we don't have any more diapers. When he had to go, he put up a whole fight but I held him on the toilet until he couldn't fight me anymore.....and the rest is history😀 no incentives worked, he was almost 4

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 11:36 pm
How old was your son when he was forced on the toliet

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 11:43 pm
We pushed my DD when she was 3 and she ended up with serious constipation issues. She would literally hold it in for a week every week nd was in miralax, suppositories, mineral oil.
IMho, let him be. Wait for him to be ready.

unexpected

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 11:51 pm
We just ran out of pampers and oops, we forgot to buy new ones...
If he's toilet trained for a while he probably won't go in his pants.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 12:03 am
I used to stick in a suppository.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 1:32 am
We gave ds who was 3 and a few months a small treat (a jelly candy) every morning that he woke up dry and also whenever he made on the toilet he got a sticker on his chart and a different treat. After a week he was trained to onlygo in the toilet.

amother
White

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 4:59 am
I have the exact same problem, I have a baby so she uses his diapers and I don't want to force her as she keeps it in if I don't give her a diaper

miami85

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 8:55 am
Coming from a lot of experience in this area, try a product called "constipation ease" by Mommy's Bliss--available at major pharmacies and on Amazon. It made SUCH a difference in my boys' training and took a lot of the stress out of the process. It's a natural homeopathic product makes them feel much more comfortable and regular without the medications and their side effects. We started it about a year ago with 2 kids (one with some developmental issues) and they were going on their own within a few days. We conquered the last phase of toilet training recently over sukkos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training