Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Thinking of moving to Lakewood

happy2bhere

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:20 pm
We are thinking of moving to Lakewood next year. My dd is currently in Pre 1-A in Lev Bais Yaakov. Which schools in Lakewood are similar to Lev? And realistically how many schools do I need to apply to? How hard will it be to get accepted?

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:19 pm
I don't think there are many schools like Lev BY, which is considered somewhat to the left even by Flatbush standards. It's hard to get accepted to all schools in Lakewood, especially if you're new in town, so apply to as many as possible, and be ecstatic if you get accepted in at least one the first time around. Many would tell you not to move until you have the school acceptance in writing.

happy2bhere

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:21 pm
So we applied to Tehilas Chaya Sara and Ateres Tzipora. What schools are similar to those?

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:23 pm
I really don't agree that it's somewhat to the left .. It's not yeshivish at all but it's still a bais Yaakov school.. My neighbor who sends her kids there told me they asked her to start wearing nude tights in the summer..

12rivkyk34

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:30 pm
Those sound like realistic schools and similar to lev b.y.
You can also try bnos bracha or perlsteins newest school I think it's moreshes b.y.
2-3 schools should be fine in that school type. If you were applying to chassidish boys schools I'd say apply to all as they're very choosy but with these if you dress somewhat tznius and are willing to follow the school rules you should be OK. You may not get it the first minute but if you persist you should be fine.
I agree that you should not move to lakewood without knowing before that your child is in a school.

happy2bhere

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:35 pm
Thanks for input! What about bnos Esther Malka? I'm definitely making sure my daughter gets in before we move.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:37 pm
amother wrote:
I really don't agree that it's somewhat to the left .. It's not yeshivish at all but it's still a bais Yaakov school.. My neighbor who sends her kids there told me they asked her to start wearing nude tights in the summer..

I send there its not at all to the left. its not yeshivish but for sure is still a bais yaakov. also the last five years has a different parent body than previous years. just an fyi to anyone considering the school

12rivkyk34

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:37 pm
Bnos esther malka is somewhat in between. Not sure what type you are but they may be more particular about the way the mother dresses or what type or entertainment the kids are exposed to. It has an excellent reputation and the principal is Shaindy Schor who is amazing...

happy2bhere

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:44 pm
Ok. I may try applying to bnos Esther Malka and Bnos Bracha. Hopefully applying to 4 schools is enough.

giselle

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 6:52 pm
Try meoros too

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 7:01 am
shaindysmom wrote:
Ok. I may try applying to bnos Esther Malka and Bnos Bracha. Hopefully applying to 4 schools is enough.

I have nieces in both of those schools. If it makes a difference to you, Bnos Esther Malka is considered more academic than Bnos Bracha. Tehillas Chaya Sarah is probably similar to Bnos Bracha in academics. Don't know alot about Ateres Tziporah.

mgyb

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 4:47 pm
Hi. I'm similar situation this year I was just wondering if you were successful in getting into school?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:01 pm
Bnos Esther malka is prob a good choice. I heard that they accepted a group of families that recently moved to Toms River from brklyn and they're looking to work with their parent body.
Moreshes is also a good option.

mgyb

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 3:37 am
Thank you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 8:46 am
just wondering what type the group of families from toms river are like, I am pretty sure they are makpid on mothers dressing tznius . It mostly working crowd but very frum and mostly fathers that wear white shirts (not that a colored shirt is wrong, but it gives an idea of what type of families)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 8:46 am
ateres tzipora is falling apart so dont apply there...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics