Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bowel Movement?

hardwrknmom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 8:56 pm
It's been five days and my baby hasn't made.
I'm holding off from giving him the sepository but I used a thermometer, If that doesn't work I'll give the sepository.

Any other suggestions?

stem

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 9:25 pm
Give him a LONG warm bath. If that doesn't work, give him another one a couple of hours later.
Also, if he eats jarred food, all the "P" fruit are good for BM: Pears, peaches, plums, apricots too.

IndyMom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 10:42 pm
I am of course NAKing as I read this and I was thinking about how my baby poops every ten minutes, but she actually hasn't pooped in over 3 hours now so in her little baby world, maybe she is constipated. And as I am reading about the p fruits I hear her tummy rumble and then the sound of poo filling her diaper.

So perhaps you just need to nurse your baby while surfing imamother and read about bowel movements and that'll do the trick. LOL

smile

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 3:10 pm
I once called up a nurse because I was so worried that she didn't make for a whole week or more and then again not for days. the longest was 10 days. She told me that it is very normal by infants that there is nothing for days and that if they make that they have to work hard for it. Mine was pushing so hard. That went for a few weeks and then everything went normal again

buba123

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 4:12 pm
It happens with babies. It kind of rules your life for a while. I'm at the point where I get so excited, I cheer , when my baby makes!!! Very Happy (she's been constipated for the past week - I'm starting her on different types of solids now.)

proudmom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2005, 4:31 pm
how old is your baby? did he just start eating solids?

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 10:27 am
yeah suuposedly a fully brestfed baby can't be constipated. pooping every I think 13 days is still considered OK. my youngest who was fully breastfed till about 8 months. pooped once a week and sometimes even longer. I guess that was him. no that he eats lots of solids (hes 1) he poops more like once a day or more.

1stimer

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 11:03 am
apparantly, constipation in an infant is not measured by frequency but if the baby has difficulty passing and the stool is hard.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 4:50 pm
give some prunes and see if it helps. Smile
A friend has a baby with constipation problems and the poor baby cries when he poops! as long as it comes eventually, and he doesn't seem like in pain, I wouldn't worry

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2005, 6:31 pm
heres the update- fith day decided to stick a thermemetor up and it worked!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics